Background and activities
My research broadly focus on biodiversity conservation. I am interested in multiple subjects but I mainly focus on improving human-wildlife coexistence as well as filling gaps between science and policy. For these -ambitious- goals I am using a wide range of discipline, from spatial statistics and GIS to social sciences and ecology.
As a quantivative oriented person I am also involved in different courses given by the department of geography:
- GEOG 3526: GIS: Geographical Information System
- GEOG 3527: GIS Tools for Climate Change studies
- GEOG 3006: Quantitative methods
Do not hesitate to send me a mail if you have any questions related to my area of research :-)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2020) Hunters as citizen scientists: Contributions to biodiversity monitoring in Europe. Global Ecology and Conservation.
- (2020) The challenges and opportunities of coexisting with wild ungulates in the human-dominated landscapes of Europe's Anthropocene. Biological Conservation. vol. 244:108500.
- (2019) What form of human-wildlife coexistence is mandated by legislation? A comparative analysis of international and national instruments. Biodiversity and Conservation. vol. 28 (7).
- (2018) Research for AGRI Committee - The revival of wolves and other large predators and its impact on farmers and their livelihood in rural regions of Europe. 2018.
- (2020) Can Humans and Wild Ungulates Live Together in a European Landscape? https://ecologyforthemasses.com/2020/04/08/humans-and-wild-ungulates-european-landscape/. Blog [Internett]. 2020-04-08.
- (2020) Coexisting with large mammals in the human-dominated landscape of Europe’s Anthropocene. 4th Conference of the Nordic Society Oikos ; 2020-03-03 - 2020-03-05.
- (2019) INSPIRING OPTIMISM: NOTES FROM THE CONSERVATION OPTIMISM SUMMIT. Guest blog post for Ecology for the masses. https://ecologyforthemasses.com/2019/09/30/inspiring-optimism-notes-from-the-conservation-optimism-summit/. Blog [Internett]. 2019-09-30.
- (2019) Living with success with wild large mammals in Europe’s anthropogenic landscape. Conservation optimism summit 2019 ; Oxford. 2019-09-02 - 2019-09-04.
- (2019) A fruitful two days seminar. Guest blog post for Living Norway: https://livingnorway.no/2019/06/18/a-fruitful-two-days-seminar/. Blog [Internett]. 2019-06-18.
- (2019) Transforming citizen science for biodiversity. British Ecological Society Annual Meeting 2019 ; Belfast. 2019-12-10 - 2019-12-13.
- (2019) Transforming citizen science for biodiversity. 4th Conference of the Norwegian Ecological Society ; Tromsø. 2019-02-11 - 2019-02-13.
- (2019) Bayesian hierarchical modeling of citizen science data in biodiversity using INLA: A case study with citizen science data in Norway. Spatial Statistics 2019: Towards spatial data science ; 2019-07-10 - 2019-07-13.
- (2018) The revival of wolves and other large predators and its impact on farmers and their livelihood in rural regions of Europe. Meeting of the European Parliament's Agriculture and Rural Development committee . European Parliament Policy Department; Brussels. 2018-08-29.
- (2018) How to bring ecology into policy in the Anthropocene? Theimportance of framing and different conservation paradigms. Oikos Conference . Nordic Society Oikos; Trondheim. 2018-02-21.