Bernt Johan Leira
Background and activities
· Environmental load modeling
· Structural response analysis
· Stochastic dynamics, control algorithms and structural reliability analysis
· Risk assessment of structural systems
· Design and analysis of ships and offshore structures for Arctic conditions
· Floating production systems and subsea technology
· Marine renewable energy
· Fish farms and aquaculture structures
· Design and analysis of marine bridges (e.g. floating bridges and submerged tunnels)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Constructive Alignment in Science and Engineering: From Principle to Practice. Nordic Journal of STEM Education.
- (2019) Stochastic dynamics of a nonlinear time-varying spur gear model using an adaptive time-stepping path integration method. Journal of Sound and Vibration. vol. 447.
- (2019) Impact of model uncertainties on the fatigue reliability of offshore wind turbines. Marine Structures. vol. 64.
- (2019) Fatigue reliability assessment of offshore wind turbines with stochastic availability. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 191.
- (2019) Effects of wave directionality on extreme response for a long end-anchored floating bridge. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 90.
- (2018) Environmental contours based on inverse SORM. Marine Structures. vol. 60.
- (2018) Probabilistic methods for estimation of the extreme value statistics of ship ice loads. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 146.
- (2018) Short-term extreme ice loads prediction and fatigue damage evaluation for an icebreaker. Ships and Offshore Structures. vol. 13.
- (2018) Long-term extreme response and reliability of a vessel rolling in random beam seas. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 140 (1).
- (2018) The effect of local wake model on collision probability for risers subjected to current and random waves. Ocean Engineering. vol. 162.
- (2018) Long-term extreme response analysis of a long-span pontoon bridge. Marine Structures. vol. 58.
- (2018) A new combination of conditional environmental distributions. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 73.
- (2018) Reliability assessment of a bridge structure subjected to chloride attack. Structural Engineering International. vol. 28 (3).
- (2018) Effects of soil profile variation and scour on structural response of an offshore monopile wind turbine. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 140:042001 (4).
- (2018) Reliability-based safety factor for metallic strip flexible pipe subjected to external pressure. Ocean Engineering. vol. 148.
- (2017) A comparative study of the stochastic averaging method and the path integration method for nonlinear ship roll motion in random beam seas. Journal of Marine Science and Technology. vol. 23 (4).
- (2017) Comparative Study of the Path Integration Method and the Stochastic Averaging Method for Nonlinear Roll Motion in Random Beam Seas. Procedia Engineering. vol. 199.
- (2017) Reliability analysis of wake-induced collision of flexible risers. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 62.
- (2017) Efficient computation of cross-spectral densities in the stochastic modelling of waves and wave loads. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 62.
- (2017) Full long-term extreme response analysis of marine structures using inverse FORM. Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics. vol. 50.