Bernt Johan Leira
Background and activities
· Environmental load modeling
· Structural response analysis
· Stochastic dynamics, control algorithms and structural reliability analysis
· Risk assessment of structural systems
· Design and analysis of ships and offshore structures for Arctic conditions
· Floating production systems and subsea technology
· Marine renewable energy
· Fish farms and aquaculture structures
· Design and analysis of marine bridges (e.g. floating bridges and submerged tunnels)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Effect of wave inhomogeneity on fatigue damage of mooring lines of a side-anchored floating bridge. Ocean Engineering. vol. 219.
- (2021) Vessel hydrodynamic model tuning by Discrete Bayesian updating using simulated onboard sensor data. Ocean Engineering.
- (2021) Simulating High-Mode Vortex-Induced Vibration of a Riser in Linearly Sheared Current Using an Empirical Time-Domain Model. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 143 (4).
- (2020) Statistics of thickness and strength of first-year ice along the Northern Sea Route. Journal of Marine Science and Technology.
- (2020) Development of environmental contours for first-year ice ridge statistics. Structural Safety. vol. 87.
- (2020) Inhomogeneous wave load effects on a long, straight and side-anchored floating pontoon bridge. Marine Structures. vol. 72.
- (2020) Application of a sea surface roughness formula using joint statistics of significant wave height and spectral wave steepness. Journal of Ocean Engineering and Marine Energy. vol. 6 (1).
- (2020) Uncertainty assessments of structural loading due to frst year ice based on the ISO standard by using Monte-Carlo simulation. Ocean Engineering. vol. 198.
- (2020) Study on the static behavior of installing a deep-water drilling riser on a production platform. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 185.
- (2020) Static analysis of interaction between two adjacent top tensioned risers with consideration of wake effects. Ocean Engineering. vol. 195.
- (2020) Model uncertainty assessment for wave- and current-induced global response of a curved floating pontoon bridge. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 105:102368.
- (2020) Temperature-dependent characteristics of DH36 steel fatigue crack propagation. Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures (FFEMS). vol. 43 (3).
- (2019) Stochastic dynamics of a nonlinear time-varying spur gear model using an adaptive time-stepping path integration method. Journal of Sound and Vibration. vol. 447.
- (2019) Impact of model uncertainties on the fatigue reliability of offshore wind turbines. Marine Structures. vol. 64.
- (2019) Fatigue reliability assessment of offshore wind turbines with stochastic availability. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 191.
- (2019) Time-variant rule-based reliability of corroded structures by Monte Carlo simulation. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 700 (1).
- (2019) Probabilistic assessment of ice rose diagrams for ice drift in the beaufort sea. Proceedings - International Conference on Port and Ocean Engineering under Arctic Conditions. vol. 2019-June.
- (2019) Effects of wave directionality on extreme response for a long end-anchored floating bridge. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 90.
- (2018) Environmental contours based on inverse SORM. Marine Structures. vol. 60.
- (2018) Probabilistic methods for estimation of the extreme value statistics of ship ice loads. Cold Regions Science and Technology. vol. 146.