Background and activities
My main research areas are university-industry collaboration in IT education, employability and career readiness, computer supported collaborative learning, technology enhanced learning, computer supported cooperative work, and reflective learning. In SFU Excited (Centre for Excellent IT Education) I am vice director and lead of the project "Career Readiness". Much of my research after finalizing my PhD degree has been in connection with the 7FP EU-project MIRROR on reflective learning in the workplace, in which I had a coordinating role related to theory/model building. I am chair of UDIT (The Norwegian Conference on Didactics in IT education), which is part of the annual Norwegian IT conference.
Teaching (current and prior) includes collaboration technology, project work, software development.
My educational background is a Master and PhD degree from NTNU Dept. of Computer and Information Science. I also have a Master in Education from the University of Oslo. I have been working as a researcher at SINTEF and teaching staff at NITH (currently Westerdals Oslo ACT).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) The Employer Perspective on Employability. IEEE Global Engineering Education Conference, EDUCON.
- (2018) Project-Based Learning in IT Education: Definitions and Qualities. UNIPED. vol. 41 (2).
- (2017) Faglæreres bruk av næringslivsnettverk i høyere IT-utdanning. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi.
- (2017) Let's talk about reflection at work. International Journal of Technology Enhanced Learning. vol. 9 (2-3).
- (2016) Considering Self-Efficacy in Reflection. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1736.
- (2016) Studenters teamarbeid i nettbaserte fag i lys av mestringstro. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi. vol. 24 (1).
- (2015) Cross-Team Reflection Workshops in Software Engineering Student Projects. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi. vol. 23 (1).
- (2015) Criteria for Peer Feedback Comments in a MOOC. NOKOBIT - Norsk konferanse for organisasjoners bruk av informasjonsteknologi.
- (2015) Using mobile devices and apps to support reflective learning about older people with dementia. Behavior and Information Technology. vol. 34 (6).
- (2014) Understanding and Supporting Reflective Learning Processes in the Workplace: The CSRL Model. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 8095.
- (2013) Reflecting on Emotion: Design Challenges for Cooperation Technology. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1047.
- (2013) Reflective Learning in the Workplace: The Role of Emotion. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 8095.
- (2013) Modeling computer-supported reflective learning: combining a high-level timeline view with reflection cycles and tool use. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1103.
- (2013) Linking reflective learning and knowledge maturing in organizations. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 1103.
- (2012) Tool support for reflection in the workplace in the context of reflective learning cycles. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 931.
- (2011) Reflective Learning at Work - A Position and Discussion Paper. CEUR Workshop Proceedings.
- (2010) Representations of a project process as a means for reflection. International Reports on Socio-Informatics (IRSI). vol. 7 (1).
- (2010) Supporting Reflection in Software Development with Everyday Working Tools. Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW).
- (2009) Learning from achievement: scaffolding student projects in software engineering. International Journal of Networking and Virtual Organisations. vol. 6 (2).
- (2009) Learning From Achievement. Scaffolding Student Projects in Software Engineering. International Journal of Networking and Virtual Organisations. vol. 6 (2).