Background and activities
PhD in software reliability, NTNU
- Safety instrumented systems
- Software Reliability
- Reliability assessments
- Risk and Vulnerability Analysis, HAZID/HAZOP
- Information security
- SIL and SIS related standards (IEC 61508, IEC 61511)
- Emergency preparedness regulations for energy provision in Norway (Beredskapsforskriften), Air Traffic Management (SAR methodology, ESARR4, ESARR6), Railway (EN50126, EN50128, EN50129),
- 2014 – present, NTNU, Adjunct Professor (20%)
- 2013 – 2015, Safetec Nordic, Specialist Engineer
- 2014 – 2015, Safetec Nordic, R&D manager
- 2013 – 2015, Safetec Nordic, Team Leader / Specialist Engineer
- 2010-2013, Safetec Nordic, Specialist Engineer
- 2007-2009, Institutt for energiteknikk (IFE), Division head / Principal Scientist
- 2005-2006, IFE, Section head
- 1995-2005, IFE, M.Sc./Researcher/Senior researcher
- 1994, Høgskolen i Bodø, M.Sc.
- 1993-1994, Hærens Ingeniørskole, Teacher
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2012) Evaluation of the Risk OMT model for maintenance work on major offshore process equipment. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. vol. 25 (3).
- (2012) Risk modelling of maintenance work on major process equipment on offshore petroleum installations. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries. vol. 25 (2).
- (2009) Establishing the Correlation Between Complexity and a Reliability Metric for Software Digital I&C-Systems. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 5775.
- (2007) I&C Safety Research at the OECD Halden Reactor Project. Nuclear and Radiation Safety. vol. 2.
- (2007) Addressing Dependability by applying an Approach for Model- Based Risk Assessment. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 92.
- (2004) An Approach for Model-Based Risk Assessment. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 3219.
- (2002) Human-Computer System Dependability. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 2434.
- (2002) Assessment of programmable systems using Bayesian belief networks. Safety Science. vol. 40.
- (2002) Use of Bayesian Belief Networks when Combining Disparate Sources of Information in the Safety Assessment of Software Based Systems. International Journal of Systems Science. vol. 33 (6).
- (2001) A Bayesian Belief Network for Reliability Assessment. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 2187.
- (2001) Security assessments of safety critical systems using HAZOPs. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 2187.
- (2000) The Use of Bayesian Belief Nets in Safety Assessment of Software Based Systems. International Journal of General Systems. vol. 29 (2).
- (2000) Estimating Dependability of Programmable Systems Using BBNs. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 1943.
- (2005) Computer Safety, Reliability, and Security. Springer. 2005. ISBN 3540292004.
- (2005) Computer Safety, Reliability and Security Proceedings of the 24th International Conference, SAFECOMP 2005. Springer. 2005. ISBN 3540292004.
Part of book/report
- (2015) Applying a reliability metric for assessing computer-based logical diagrams. Safety and Reliability of Complex Engineered Systems.
- (2012) Visualisation of risk for hydrocarbon leakages in the planning of maintenance and modification activities on offshore petroleum installations. 11th International Probabilistic Safety Assessment and Management Conference and the Annual European Safety and Reliability Conference 2012, 25-29 June 2012, Helsinki, Finland.
- (2010) Use of bayesian network for modeling risk influencing factors. Reliability, risk and safety : back to the future.
- (2007) Some challenges and solutions assessing the safety of ATM systems. Risk, reliability and societal safety : proceedings of the European Safety and Reliabilty Conference 2007 (ESREL 2007).
- (2003) The CORAS methodology: Model-based risk assessment using UML and UP. UML and the Unified Process.