Background and activities
Bjøn Gustavsen is employed at Institutt for Elkraftteknikk. He currently assists in teaching course TET4130 Overspenninger. (Overvoltages)
He also works as Chief Scientist at SINTEF Energy Research with responsibility in the area of electromagnetic transients. His work has special focus on the modeling of power system components (in particular cables, overhead lines, transformers and component subsystems), the integration of such models in EMTP-type simulation programs, and calculation electrical stresses on components during transient conditions. These activities fall within the area of Digital Twin.
- Project manager of IPN-project "Next Generation Protection of Transformers" (ProTrafo).
- Convener for CIGRE JWG A2/C4.52 "High-frequency models of transformers and reactors for network studies".
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Inclusion of Neutral Points in Measurement-Based Frequency-Dependent Transformer Model. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery.
- (2021) Passivity assessment and enforcement utilizing eigenpairs information. Electric power systems research. vol. 194.
- (2021) Dominant Modes Identification of Linear Systems via Geometrical Search. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 36 (6).
- (2020) Passivity Enforcement by Residue Perturbation via Constrained Non-Negative Least Squares. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 36 (5).
- (2020) Neutral Point Overvoltages in Wye-Wye Connected Distribution Transformer Caused by Lightning Current in Low-Voltage Winding. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 36 (5).
- (2020) Measurement-based frequency-dependent model of a HVDC transformer for electromagnetic transient studies. Electric power systems research. vol. 180.
- (2019) Spectral fitting approach to estimate electromechanical oscillation modes and mode shapes by using vector fitting. Electric power systems research. vol. 176.
- (2019) Voltages and AC Corrosion on Metallic Tubes in Umbilical Cables Caused by Magnetic Induction From Power Cable charging Currents. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 34 (2).
- (2019) Time Domain Implementation of Damping Factor White-Box Transformer Model for Inclusion in EMT Simulation Programs. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 35 (2).
- (2019) Modelling of Wind Power Plant Transmission System for Harmonic Propagation and Small-signal Stability Studies. IET Renewable Power Generation. vol. 13 (5).
- (2018) A Damping Factor-Based White-Box Transformer Model for Network Studies. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 33 (6).
- (2018) High-Frequency Resonant Overvoltages in Transformer Regulating Winding Caused by Ground Fault Initiation on Feeding Cable. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 33 (2).
- (2017) Variable Transmission Voltage for Loss Minimization in Long Offshore Wind Farm AC Export Cables. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 32 (3).
- (2017) Measurements for validation of manufacturer’s white-box transformer models. Procedia Engineering. vol. 202.
- (2017) Wideband modeling of a 45-MVA generator step-up transformer for network interaction studies. Electric power systems research. vol. 142.
- (2017) Modelling of non-uniform lines using rational approximation and mode revealing transformation. IET Generation, Transmission & Distribution. vol. 11 (8).
- (2016) Computational efficiency improvement of the Universal Line Model by use of rational approximations with real poles. Electric power systems research. vol. 140.
- (2016) Parameterized Macromodeling for Efficient Analysis of Wideband Tower Grounding Structures. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 31 (4).
- (2016) Black-box macromodeling and its EMC applications. IEEE Electromagnetic Compatibility Magazine. vol. 5 (3).
- (2016) Eliminating Measurement Cable Effects From Transformer Admittance Measurements. IEEE Transactions on Power Delivery. vol. 31 (4).