Bjørn Håkon Frodal
Background and activities
Bjørn Håkon has a PhD from the Department of Structural Engineering, and a master of science within mechanical engineering from NTNU. His PhD thesis is entitled Micromechanical modelling of ductile fracture in aluminium alloys, and his master thesis is entitled A Multi-Scale Approach for Modelling of Fracture in Aluminium Alloys under Impact Loading.
Important topics of Bjørn Håkon's research is ductile fracture and plastic deformation of metallic materials.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) The role of quench rate on the plastic flow and fracture of three aluminium alloys with different grain structure and texture. International Journal of Engineering Science. vol. 150.
- (2020) On the effect of plastic anisotropy, strength and work hardening on the tensile ductility of aluminium alloys. International Journal of Solids and Structures. vol. 188-189.
- (2019) Modelling and simulation of ductile failure in textured aluminium alloys subjected to compression-tension loading. International journal of plasticity. vol. 118.
- (2017) Influence of pre-compression on the ductility of AA6xxx aluminium alloys. International Journal of Fracture. vol. 206 (2).
- (2017) Strength differential effect in age hardened aluminum alloys. International journal of plasticity. vol. 99.
- (2019) Micromechanical modelling of ductile fracture in aluminium alloys. 2019. ISBN 978-82-326-4103-1. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (253).