Background and activities
Hardening mechanisms in metals, primarily Aluminium alloys. Dislocations, microstructure evolution, influence of solute, particles & precipitates.
Crystal plasticilty (CPFEM, Taylor type models), continuum mehanics.
Transients related to strain-path changes.
Accumulated roll bonding. Enhanced strength. Metal composites.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) A combined isotropic, kinematic and distortional hardening model for aluminum and steels under complex strain-path changes. International journal of plasticity. vol. 101.
- (2017) Modeling over-ageing in Al-Mg-Si alloys by a multi-phase CALPHAD-coupled Kampmann-Wagner Numerical model. Acta Materialia. vol. 122.
- (2017) Modelling of strain-path transients in commercially pure aluminium. Materials Science Forum. vol. 877.
- (2017) Modeling strain-path changes in aluminum and steel. International Journal of Solids and Structures. vol. 117.
- (2017) A new tribological system test for integrated hot forming and die quenching of aluminium alloy sheets. AIP Conference Proceedings. vol. 1896 (1).
- (2017) Characterization and Modelling of the Microstructure and Texture Evolution In AlMgSi-Extrusions. Materials Science Forum. vol. 879.
- (2016) A physically-based constitutive model applied to AA6082 aluminium alloy at large strains, high strain rates and elevated temperatures. Materials & design. vol. 103.
- (2015) Precipitation of Non-spherical Particles in Aluminum Alloys Part II: Numerical Simulation and Experimental Characterization During Aging Treatment of an Al-Mg-Si Alloy. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions. A.
- (2015) On the basic relation between mean free slip length and work hardening of metals. Philosophical Magazine. vol. 95 (25).
- (2015) Strength contributions from precipitates. Philosophical Magazine Letters. vol. 95 (12).
- (2015) Precipitation of Non-Spherical Particles in Aluminum Alloys Part I: Generalization of the Kampmann–Wagner Numerical Model. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions. A.
- (2015) Permanent effect of a cryogenic spill on fracture properties of structural steels. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 102.
- (2015) Strain-path change induced transients in flow stress, work hardening and r-values in aluminum. International journal of plasticity. vol. 69.
- (2015) Precipitation, strength and work hardening of age hardened aluminium alloys. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 89 (1).
- (2015) Multi-level modelling of mechanical anisotropy of commercial pure aluminium plate: Crystal plasticity models, advanced yield functions and parameter identification. International journal of plasticity. vol. 66.
- (2015) Coupled FEM and Alamel-type polycrystal plasticity modelling applied to extrusion of aluminium alloys. Materials Today: Proceedings. vol. 2 (10).
- (2015) Recrystallization behaviour of AA6063 extrusions. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. vol. 89 (1).
- (2015) Multi-component solid solution and cluster hardening of Al-Mn-Si alloys. Materials Science & Engineering: A. vol. 625 (Febr).
- (2014) Characterizing hardening on annealing of cold-rolled aluminum AA3103 strips. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions. A. vol. 45 (3).
- (2014) Review of the Taylor ambiguity and the relationship between rate-independent and rate-dependent full-constraints Taylor models. International journal of plasticity. vol. 55.