Background and activities
2014 – now: Microscopy core manager Cellular & Molecular Imaging Core facility (CMIC)
2009 – 2015: Ph.D. in Molecular Imaging (NTNU). "Quantitative confocal laser scanning microscopy: optimization for in vivo and in vitro analysis of intracellular transport".
2006 – 2009: Master in Cell- and Molecular Biology (NTNU). "Establishing of selective photobleaching as a method to study intracellular transport in Arabidopsis thaliana".
2001 – 2005: Bachelor in Natural Sciences (NTNU). Study program: Biology; main profile: Cell- and Molecular Biology.
Bjørnar Sporsheim has worked on several interdisciplinary projects ranging from plant science to molecular medicine and confocal laser scanning microscopy (CLSM) quality assurance. His research interests include live cell imaging, intracellular transport and image processing and analysis. He has more than 6 years experience in advanced microscopy and image processing, and specializes in quantitative fluorescence microscopy. Among his other professional interests are scientific visualization and university teaching; combining his passion for microscopy, computer graphics and communication.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2012) Quantitative 3-D colocalization analysis as a tool to study the intracellular trafficking and dissociation of pDNA-chitosan polyplexes. Journal of Biomedical Optics. vol. 17 (2).
- (2012) Bjørnar ser en verden du neppe har sett maken til. Adresseavisen.
- (2011) Analytical & Quantitative Light Microscopy Course, Woods Hole, MA, USA. NBS-nytt.
- (2008) Rapport fra kurs i konfokal mikroskopi. NBS-nytt.
- (2011) BI2015 Molekylærbiologi laboratoriekurs. 2011.
- (2012) Selective photobleaching: The missing manual. The 5th NorMIC Symposium on Light Microscopy ; Bergen. 2012-10-25 - 2012-10-26.
- (2012) Scientific image exhibition/competition at The 4th National PhD Conference in Medical Imaging: 1st place: "Seminavis robusta"; 2nd place: "Eye of the Plant". The 4th National PhD Conference in Medical Imaging [Kunstnerisk og museal presentasjon] . MedIm; MI Lab; Trondheim. 2012-11-28 - 2012-11-29.
- (2012) Localization and analysis of the myrosinase TGG1 during developing A. thaliana guard cells. The 5th NorMIC Symposium on Light Microscopy ; Bergen. 2012-10-25 - 2012-10-26.
- (2012) SA correction prevents loss of resolving power and signal strength in QFM. The 4th National PhD Conference in Medical Imaging . MedIm; MI Lab; Trondheim. 2012-11-28 - 2012-11-29.
- (2012) Spherical aberration – a force to be reckoned with. The 5th NorMIC Symposium on Light Microscopy . The Molecular Imaging Centre (MIC); Bergen. 2012-10-25 - 2012-10-26.
- (2012) 17 studenter i 3. klasse bioteknologi studenter vant 50000 til klassetur i Brasil. P4 [Radio]. 2012-03-15.
- (2011) A practical introduction to deconvolution and data visualization in Amira. NorMIC User Meeting ; Trondheim. 2011-03-24 - 2011-03-24.
- (2011) Immuno-methods and live cell imaging using electron- and light microscopy. EM Lab Microseminar . Laboratoriesenteret EM Lab; Laboratoriesenteret, LS41, NTNU. 2011-05-25 - 2011-05-25.
- (2011) Immuno-methods and live cell imaging using electron- and light microscopy. 2nd Cell-, and Molecular biology and genomics seminar . IBI, NTNU; NTNU. 2011-10-19 - 2011-10-19.
- (2010) Gene delivery by DNA-chitosan nanoparticles; novel chitosans with improved structural and functional properties. BIT's 8th Annual Congress of International Drug Discovery Sciences and Technology ; Beijing. 2010-10-23 - 2010-10-26.
- (2010) Quantitative fluorescence microscopy and image deconvolution. NorMIC User Meeting ; Trondheim. 2010-02-11 - 2010-02-11.
- (2010) Confocal microscopy studies on TGG1 expression. 1st Cell-, and Molecular biology and genomics seminar ; Trondheim. 2010-11-25 - 2010-11-25.
- (2010) Localization and analysis of the myrosinase TGG1 during developing A. thaliana guard cells. Norwegian Arabidopsis Meeting ; Oslo. 2010-11-11 - 2010-11-11.
- (2009) Selective photobleaching: The missing manual. Årsmøte NorMIC 2009 . Norwegian Molecular Imaging Consortium; Stavanger. 2009-11-12 - 2009-11-13.
- (2008) Molecular imaging as a tool for studying intracellular transport. Årsmøte for The Norwegian Molecular Imaging Consortium (NorMIC) . NorMIC-noden ved NTNU; Realfagsbygget i Trondheim. 2008-11-11 - 2009-11-12.