Background and activities
My current research in the ORCAS-project concerns control and risk management of autonomous ships. I am interested in how a systems-theoretic perspective on control system design can improve (or ensure) the safety of autonomous systems.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Deriving Verification Objectives and Scenarios for Maritime Systems Using the Systems-Theoretic Process Analysis. Reliability Engineering & System Safety. vol. 169.
- (2017) Modeling of Generic Offshore Vessel in Crane Operations With Focus on Strong Rigid Body Connections. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering. vol. 42 (4).
- (2017) A systems approach to risk analysis of maritime operations. Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers. Part O, Journal of risk and reliability. vol. 231 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2017) Analysis of Dynamic Positioning System Accidents and Incidents with Emphasis on Root Causes and Barrier Failures. Risk, Reliability and Safety: Innovating Theory and Practice : Proceedings of ESREL 2016 (Glasgow, Scotland, 25-29 September 2016).
- (2015) Real-Time Marine Vessel and Power Plant Simulation. ASME 2015 34th International Conference on Ocean, Offshore and Arctic Engineering.
- (2015) Dynamic risk assessment of marine systems. Safety and Reliability of Complex Engineered Systems.
- (2014) A Bond Graph Approach for Modelling of Robot Manipulators. 2014 International Conference on Bond Graph Modeling and Simulation - ICBGM'2014.