Background and activities
Candy Anquetil-Deck obtained a PhD in computer science in 2008 from Sheffield Hallam University (UK) by studying via computer simulation, the alignment of nematic liquid crystals on chemically patterned substrates.
After working a year on Classical Monte Carlo (MC) and molecular dynamics (MD) simulations of the adsorption of dioxin molecules into porous material in Marseille, she joined the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology for 3 year in order to investigate Process modelling of mixed-phase cloud microphysics and ice nucleation.
Finallu, from 2018 to 2020, she have become an expert user of GROMACS for MD simulation. she worked in close collaboration with experimentalists. The main question here was, which mixture of ionic liquids would be the best in order to get the highest capacitance in a supercapacitor with respect to specific properties of the porous carbon electrodes. The project involved synthesis and applications of carbon nanomaterials in catalysis and energy storage.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Ordering of Oblate Hard Particles between Hybrid Penetrable Walls. Journal of Physical Chemistry B. vol. 124 (35).
- (2020) Ordering of oblate hard particles between symmetric penetrable walls. Liquid crystals (Print). vol. 48.
- (2019) Growth of Gold Nanoparticles - Study on the effect of co-surfactant. Norwegian NanoSymposium 2019 . NTNU - Nanolab; Trondheim. 2019-10-16 - 2019-10-17.
- (2015) Competition of lattice and basis for alignment of nematic liquid crystals. Physical review. E.
- (2014) Neural-network approach to modeling liquid crystals in complex confinement. Physical review. E.
- (2012) Competing alignments of nematic liquid crystals on square-patterned substrates. Physical review. E.
- (2008) Liquid crystal films confined between patterned substrates. 2008.