Carl Fredrik Berg
Background and activities
- PG8607 - Numerical Methods in Reservoir Simulation
- TPG4155 - Applied Computer Methods in Petroleum Science
- TPG4160 - Reservoir Simulation
- TPG4565 - Petroleum Engineering, Specialization Course
- PG8600 - Development of Numerical Reservoir Models
- TPG4112 - Geomechanics and Flow in Porous Media
- TPG4920 - Petroleum Engineering, Master's Thesis
- TPG4560 - Petroleum Engineering, Specialization Project
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Effects of well placement on CO2 emissions from waterflooding operation. SPE Norway Subsurface Conference.
- (2022) Automated porosity estimation using CT-scans of extracted core data. Computational Geosciences. vol. 26.
- (2022) A quantitative study of salinity effect on water diffusion in n-alkane phases: from pore-scale experiments to molecular dynamic simulation. Fuel. vol. 324 (B).
- (2021) Conductivity in partially saturated porous media described by porosity, electrolyte saturation and saturation-dependent tortuosity and constriction factor. Geophysical Prospecting. vol. 70 (2).
- (2021) Lithology classification of whole core CT scans using convolutional neural networks. SN Applied Sciences. vol. 3 (6).
- (2021) Classifying Lithofacies from Textural Features in Whole Core CT-Scan Images. SPE Reservoir Evaluation and Engineering. vol. 24 (02).
- (2021) An Automatic Well Planner for Complex Well Trajectories. Mathematical Geosciences. vol. 53.
- (2021) Reduced well path parameterization for optimization problems through machine learning. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 208 (C).
- (2021) Efficient well placement optimization under uncertainty using a virtual drilling procedure. Computational Geosciences.
- (2020) Geometrically derived efficiency of slow immiscible displacement in porous media. Physical review. E. vol. 102.
- (2020) Contact Angles in Two-Phase Flow Images. Transport in Porous Media. vol. 135.
- (2020) Predicting Resistivity and Permeability of Porous Media Using Minkowski Functionals. Transport in Porous Media. vol. 131 (2).
- (2019) Upscaling of polymer adsorption. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 179.
- (2019) Pore-Scale Simulations of Single- and Two-Phase Flow in Porous Media: Approaches and Applications. Transport in Porous Media. vol. 130 (1).
- (2019) Effect of Layering on Incremental Oil Recovery From Tertiary Polymer Flooding. SPE Reservoir Evaluation and Engineering. vol. 22 (03).
- (2018) Description of Free Energy for Immiscible Two‐Fluid Flow in Porous Media by Integral Geometry and Thermodynamics. Water Resources Research. vol. 54 (11).
- (2017) Industrial applications of digital rock technology. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 157.
- (2017) Formation factor in Bentheimer and Fontainebleau sandstones: Theory compared with pore-scale numerical simulations. Advances in Water Resources. vol. 107.
- (2017) Efficient flow diagnostics proxies for polymer flooding. Computational Geosciences. vol. 21 (5-6).
- (2016) An Analysis of Unsteady Flooding Processes: Varying Force Balance and the Applicability of Steady-State Upscaling. Transport in Porous Media. vol. 115 (1).