Background and activities
Carl Fredrik Rehn (1991) is a PhD Candidate at the Department of Marine Technology. He holds an MSc in Marine Technology from NTNU, with specialization in marine systems design.
His topic of research is on handling uncertainty and managing risk in marine systems design. His research is focused on methods and models for improving system performance and ensuring value robustness.
- Marine systems design
- Real options analysis
- Stochastic optimization
- Systems engineering
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Investigating tradeoffs between performance, cost and flexibility for reconfigurable offshore ships. Ocean Engineering. vol. 147.
- (2017) A hybrid method for a module configuration problem in modular adaptable ship design. Ships and Offshore Structures.
- (2017) Sulphur Abatement Globally in Maritime Shipping. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment. vol. 57.
- (2017) Ill-Structured Commercial Ship Design Problems: The Responsive System Comparison Method on an Offshore Vessel Case. Journal of Ship Production and Design.
Part of book/report
- (2018) Designing for System Value Sustainment using Interactive Epoch-Era Analysis: A Case Study from Commercial Offshore Ships. Disciplinary Convergence in Systems Engineering Research.
- (2016) Handling Commercial, Operational and Technical Uncertainty in Early Stage Offshore Ship Design. 2016 11th System of Systems Engineering Conference (SoSE).
- (2016) Flexible strategies for maritime sulphur emission regulation compliance. Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on PRActical Design of Ships and Other Floating Structures (PRADS' 2016).
- (2016) Investigating feasibility of flexible ship concepts using tradespace network formulations. Proceedings of the 13th International Symposium on PRActical Design of Ships and Other Floating Structures (PRADS' 2016).
- (2015) Handling uncertainty in marine systems design - state-of-the-art and need for research. Proceedings of the 12th International Marine Design Conference (IMDC 2015) - Volume 2.
- (2017) Sulphur Abatement Globally in Maritime Shipping. 2017. Norges Handelshoeyskole. Institutt for Foretaksoekonomi. Discussion Paper (8).
- (2015) Identification and Valuation of Flexibility in Marine Systems Design. 2015.