Background and activities
I am a Post Doctorate Researcher at the Department of Architectural and Technology at NTNU, and part of NTNU's Smart Cities programme. One of my key areas of interest is on knowledge transfer that occurs (or not) in temporal disconnected practices in construction projects, which is influenced by changes to technology and policy. In my current work, I am drawing on organisation management theories to understand the interplay of practices, clients and end users in the renovation of low energy emission neighbourhoods. Projects include Near Zero Energy Neighbourhood, Collaborating Smart Solar powered Micro-grid and Solar Energy in Urban Planning.
In my previous role at University of Reading, I used case study research approach to examine the handover of digital data from design to operations in large projects such as London 2012 Olympics and other smaller projects. I have also considered the role of BIM as it progresses in projects into facilities management. In my PhD I examined innovation in facilities management through the introduction of RFID in one case study organization using social construction approach. I have an MSc in applied social research methods and a degree in history and sociology.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Passing the baton? Handing over digital data from the project to operations. Engineering Project Organisation Journal.
- (2015) Contextualizing learning approaches which shape BIM for maintenance. Built Environment Project and Asset Management. vol. 5 (3).
- (2015) Ambivalence, designing users, and user imaginaries in the European smart grid: Insights from an interdisciplinary demonstration project. Energy Research & Social Science. vol. 9.
- (2015) Managing change in the delivery of complex projects: Configuration management, asset information and ‘big data’. International Journal of Project Management.
- (2014) Barriers and challenges in nZEB Projects in Sweden and Norway. Energy Procedia. vol. 58.
- (2013) Configuration management in complex engineering projects. Procedia CIRP. vol. 11.
- (2010) Innovation in facilities management: From trajectories to ownership. Facilities. vol. 28 (9/10).
- (2009) Pervasive technologies for workspace management. Journal of Facilities Management. vol. 7 (2).
Part of book/report
- (2015) End user centred interactive software architecture and design: The creation of communities for a smart energy use. 2015 15th International Conference on Innovations for Community Services (I4CS), Nuremberg,8-10 July 2015.
- (2014) User-centered design for smart solar-powered micro-grid communities. 14th International Conference on Innovations for Community Services, I4CS 2014; Reims; France; 4-6 June 2014.
- (2013) ZenN - Nearly Zero energy Neighbourhoods: Common barriers and challenges in current practice in Europe (D1.1. Report). 2013.