Cathrine Broberg Vågbø
Background and activities
My main research interests are RNA epitranscriptomics and DNA epigenetics that orchestrate fundamental processes like stress response and memory formation. Throughout my PhD and post doctoral period I developed and refined advanced mass spectrometry based methods for the characterization of functional RNA and DNA modifications. Today these methods are incorporated into the analytical pipeline of the Proteomics and Modomics Experimental Core facility (PROMEC) and are utilized by multiple research groups both nationally and worldwide.
Published 36 articles in peer-reviewed international journals. Currently >3300 citations and an h-index of 20 (ResearcherID). Statistics: (Impact factor, number of publications): Nature (43.8, 2), Nat Neurosci (20.0, 1), Mol Cell (15.6, 2), Sci adv (13.1, 1), Genes&Dev (12.6, 2), Nat Commun (12.1, 2), EMBO J (10.7, 2), J Cell Biol (9.6, 1), Am J Hum Genet (9.0, 1), Nucleic Acids Res (8.8, 6), Cell Rep (8.7, 2), Oncotarget (6.0, 1), Epigenet Chromatin (5.2, 1), J Biol Chem (4.6, 1), Cell Discov (4.5, 1), DNA Rep (4.5, 4), Sci Rep (4.5, 1), Mol Cell Biol (4.4, 1), PlosOne (3.5, 1), J Pharmacol Exp Ther (3.0, 1), Biochem Biophys Rep (1.7, 1), J Clin Pharm (1.7, 1).
Authored textbook chapter: Genomic Uracil: Evolution, Biology, Immunology and Disease, ISBN 9813233494, World Scientific publishing (2018).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Deletion of Endonuclease V suppresses chemically induced hepatocellular carcinoma. Nucleic Acids Research. vol. 48 (8).
- (2020) The Mammalian Cap-Specific m<sup>6</sup>Am RNA Methyltransferase PCIF1 Regulates Transcript Levels in Mouse Tissues. Cell reports. vol. 32 (7).
- (2020) RNA in DNA repair. DNA Repair. vol. 95.
- (2019) The DNA modification N6-methyl-2 '-eoxyadenosine (m6dA) drives activity-induced gene expression and is required for fear extinction. Nature Neuroscience. vol. 22 (4).
- (2019) Recessive Truncating Mutations in ALKBH8 Cause Intellectual Disability and Severe Impairment of Wobble Uridine Modification. American Journal of Human Genetics. vol. 104 (6).
- (2019) The human methyltransferase ZCCHC4 catalyses N6-methyladenosine modification of 28S ribosomal RNA. Nucleic Acids Research. vol. 48 (2).
- (2019) 5-hydroxymethylcytosine marks mammalian origins acting as a barrier to replication. Scientific Reports. vol. 9.
- (2017) A ubiquitin-dependent signalling axis specific for ALKBH-mediated DNA dealkylation repair. Nature. vol. 551 (7680).
- (2017) m6A mRNA modifications are deposited in nascent pre-mRNA and are not required for splicing but do specify cytoplasmic turnover. Genes & Development. vol. 31 (10).
- (2017) Genome-wide profiling of DNA 5-hydroxymethylcytosine during rat Sertoli cell maturation. Cell Discovery. vol. 3.
- (2017) Proteome alterations associated with transformation of multiple myeloma to secondary plasma cell leukemia. OncoTarget. vol. 8 (12).
- (2016) DNA base modifications in honey bee and fruit fly genomes suggest an active demethylation machinery with species- and tissue-specific turnover rates. Biochemistry and Biophysics Reports. vol. 6.
- (2016) Changes of 5-hydroxymethylcytosine distribution during myeloid and lymphoid differentiation of CD34+ cells. Epigenetics & Chromatin. vol. 9.
- (2016) Biochemical reconstitution of TET1-TDG-BER-dependent active DNA demethylation reveals a highly coordinated mechanism. Nature Communications. vol. 7.
- (2015) Synergistic Actions of Ogg1 and Mutyh DNA Glycosylases Modulate Anxiety-like Behavior in Mice. Cell reports. vol. 13 (12).
- (2015) A majority of m6A residues are in the last exons, allowing the potential for 3' UTR regulation. Genes & Development. vol. 29 (19).
- (2014) Protozoan ALKBH8 Oxygenases Display both DNA Repair and tRNA Modification Activities. PLOS ONE. vol. 9 (6).
- (2013) A robust, sensitive assay for genomic uracil determination by LC/MS/MS reveals lower levels than previously reported. DNA Repair. vol. 12 (9).
- (2013) The human base excision repair enzyme SMUG1 directly interacts with DKC1 and contributes to RNA quality control. Molecular Cell. vol. 49 (2).
- (2013) Methylation damage to RNA induced in vivo in Escherichia coli is repaired by endogenous AlkB as part of the adaptive response. DNA Repair. vol. 12 (3).