Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) A ubiquitin-dependent signalling axis specific for ALKBH-mediated DNA dealkylation repair. Nature. vol. 551 (7680).
- (2017) m6A mRNA modifications are deposited in nascent pre-mRNA and are not required for splicing but do specify cytoplasmic turnover. Genes & Development. vol. 31 (10).
- (2017) Genome-wide profiling of DNA 5-hydroxymethylcytosine during rat Sertoli cell maturation. Cell Discovery. vol. 3.
- (2017) Proteome alterations associated with transformation of multiple myeloma to secondary plasma cell leukemia. OncoTarget. vol. 8 (12).
- (2016) DNA base modifications in honey bee and fruit fly genomes suggest an active demethylation machinery with species- and tissue-specific turnover rates. Biochemistry and Biophysics Reports. vol. 6.
- (2016) Changes of 5-hydroxymethylcytosine distribution during myeloid and lymphoid differentiation of CD34+ cells. Epigenetics & Chromatin. vol. 9.
- (2016) Biochemical reconstitution of TET1-TDG-BER-dependent active DNA demethylation reveals a highly coordinated mechanism. Nature Communications. vol. 7.
- (2015) Synergistic Actions of Ogg1 and Mutyh DNA Glycosylases Modulate Anxiety-like Behavior in Mice. Cell reports. vol. 13 (12).
- (2015) A majority of m6A residues are in the last exons, allowing the potential for 3' UTR regulation. Genes & Development. vol. 29 (19).
- (2014) Protozoan ALKBH8 Oxygenases Display both DNA Repair and tRNA Modification Activities. PLoS ONE. vol. 9 (6).
- (2013) A robust, sensitive assay for genomic uracil determination by LC/MS/MS reveals lower levels than previously reported. DNA Repair. vol. 12 (9).
- (2013) The human base excision repair enzyme SMUG1 directly interacts with DKC1 and contributes to RNA quality control. Molecular Cell. vol. 49 (2).
- (2013) Methylation damage to RNA induced in vivo in Escherichia coli is repaired by endogenous AlkB as part of the adaptive response. DNA Repair. vol. 12 (3).
- (2013) ALKBH5 Is a Mammalian RNA Demethylase that Impacts RNA Metabolism and Mouse Fertility. Molecular Cell. vol. 49 (1).
- (2012) The DNA dioxygenase ALKBH2 protects Arabidopsis thaliana against methylation damage. Nucleic Acids Research. vol. 40 (14).
- (2011) A novel method for the efficient and selective identification of 5-hydroxymethylcytosine in genomic DNA. Nucleic Acids Research. vol. 39 (8).
- (2011) Roles of Trm9-and ALKBH8-like proteins in the formation of modified wobble uridines in Arabidopsis tRNA. Nucleic Acids Research. vol. 39 (17).
- (2011) UNG-initiated base excision repair is the major repair route for 5-fluorouracil in DNA, but 5-fluorouracil cytotoxicity depends mainly on RNA incorporation. Nucleic Acids Research. vol. 39 (19).
- (2011) ALKBH8-mediated formation of a novel diastereomeric pair of wobble nucleosides in mammalian tRNA. Nature Communications. vol. 2.
- (2010) Mammalian ALKBH8 Possesses tRNA Methyltransferase Activity Required for the Biogenesis of Multiple Wobble Uridine Modifications Implicated in Translational Decoding. Molecular and Cellular Biology. vol. 30 (7).