Background and activities
I work as an associate professor at the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children's and Women's Health. I am responsible for the teaching in gynecology at the NTNU's Medical School.
In addition, I work as a consultant specialist at the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, and at the Multidisciplinary Pain Clinic, St. Olavs Hospital.
I have together with NTNU multimedia department made an instructional video in pelvic examination technique.
I have a Medical Ph.D. in Public Health. The project "Healing and justice - health care and legal flow after rape": Hospital staff provide emergency health care in addition to assisting the police in forensic sampling and documentation of injuries. The overall aim of the study was to increase knowledge about sexual assault of adult women, improve health care and judicial efforts in this area.
Data sources for the study were police files from the Sør-Trøndelag Police District 1997-2010, as well as records from the Sexual Assault Centre at St. Olavs Hospital for the same period. Supervisor was prosfessor Berit Schei.
The project received funding from the The Norwegian ExtraFoundation for Health and Rehabilitation through the NGO Norwegian Women's Public Health Association, as well as from The Liaison Committee between the Central Norway Regional Health Authority and the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Three groups of suspects in police-reported rape cases: First-time suspects, recidivists and unidentified suspects. A comparative study. Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine.
- (2018) Factors associated with trace evidence analyses and DNA findings among police reported cases of rape. Forensic Science International. vol. 283.
- (2017) EtG/EtS in Serum by UHPLC-MS-MS in Suspected Sexual Assault Cases. Journal of Analytical Toxicology.
- (2016) Psychosocial Vulnerability Among Patients Contacting a Norwegian Sexual Assault Center. Journal of Interpersonal Violence.
- (2014) Sexually transmitted infections among women attending a Norwegian Sexual Assault Centre. Sexually Transmitted Infections. vol. 90 (4).
- (2013) Ethanol and drug findings in women consulting a Sexual Assault Center - Associations with clinical characteristics and suspicions of drug-facilitated sexual assault. Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine. vol. 20 (6).
- (2013) EtG/EtS in Urine from Sexual Assault Victims Determined by UPLC-MS-MS. Journal of Analytical Toxicology. vol. 37 (4).
- (2012) Alcohol and drug findings in women subjected to sexual assault in Trondheim, Norway - associations with background and assault characteristics and clinical variables. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. vol. 91.
- (2011) Impact of medico-legal findings on charge filing in cases of rape in adult women. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. vol. 90 (11).
- (2014) Medical findings and legal outcome among postpubertal women attending the Sexual Assault Centre at St. Olavs Hospital, Trondheim, Norway. A record-based study from 1997–2010. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2014. ISBN 978-82-326-0546-0. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (317).