Cecilie Therese Hagemann
Background and activities
- Sexual assault and rape, clinical and gynecological forensic medicine, anogenital injuries, drug facilitated sexual assault, early psychological intervention, head of the institutes research group Traumatic life events and women´s health
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Associate professor at the Faculty of medicine and health (Coordiator of the teaching in gynecology for medical students)
- Consultant specialist at the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, St. Olavs hospital
- Consultant gynecologist at the multidimensional pain clinic, St. Olavs hospital
Ongoing research projects:
- Principal investigator in a multidimentional project just received funding from the Norwegian Research Counsel on EARLY PSYCHOLOGICAL INTERVENTION after rape
- The VULVADYN study, supervising the physician Per Kristen Teigen in his Ph.D. project on chronic vulvar pain, a randomized controlled trial on multidimensional treatment
- Supervising master students in fields like contraception, sexual assault and chronic pelvic pain
- Developed instructional videos in pelvic examination technique and forensic specimen collection after rape, together with NTNU multimedia department, just published in a Nordic e-book in gynecology and obstetrics for medical students (NFOG-project)
- Participate in developing an e-learning course in pelvic floor dysfunction and pelvic pain headed by The Norwegian National Advisory Unit on Incontinence and Pelvic Floor Health (NKIB)
- Can med 1994 from the NTNU
- 2014: Ph.D. on the project "Healing and justice - health care and legal outcome after rape": Hospital staff provide emergency health care in addition to assisting the police in forensic sampling and documentation of injuries. The overall aim of the study was to increase knowledge about sexual assault of adult women, improve health care and judicial efforts in this area. Data sources for the study were police files from the Sør-Trøndelag Police District 1997-2010, as well as records from the Sexual Assault Centre at St. Olavs hospital for the same period. Supervisor was professor Berit Schei.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Is police investigation of rape biased by characteristics of victims?. Forensic Science International: Synergy. vol. 2.
- (2019) Three groups of suspects in police-reported rape cases: First-time suspects, recidivists and unidentified suspects. A comparative study. Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine.
- (2018) Factors associated with trace evidence analyses and DNA findings among police reported cases of rape. Forensic Science International. vol. 283.
- (2017) EtG/EtS in Serum by UHPLC-MS-MS in Suspected Sexual Assault Cases. Journal of Analytical Toxicology.
- (2016) Psychosocial vulnerability among patients contacting a Norwegian sexual assault center. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. vol. 34 (10).
- (2014) Sexually transmitted infections among women attending a Norwegian Sexual Assault Centre. Sexually Transmitted Infections. vol. 90 (4).
- (2013) Ethanol and drug findings in women consulting a Sexual Assault Center - Associations with clinical characteristics and suspicions of drug-facilitated sexual assault. Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine. vol. 20 (6).
- (2013) EtG/EtS in Urine from Sexual Assault Victims Determined by UPLC-MS-MS. Journal of Analytical Toxicology. vol. 37 (4).
- (2012) Alcohol and drug findings in women subjected to sexual assault in Trondheim, Norway - associations with background and assault characteristics and clinical variables. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. vol. 91.
- (2011) Impact of medico-legal findings on charge filing in cases of rape in adult women. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. vol. 90 (11).
Part of book/report
- (2021) Mottak av ungdom/voksne pasienter utsatt for seksuelle overgrep. Veileder i gynekologi.
- (2021) Kroniske bekkensmerter. Veileder i gynekologi.
- (2020) Approach to the patient. Obstetrics and Gynecology. NFOG textbook for medical students.
- (2020) Violence against women. Obstetrics and Gynecology. NFOG textbook for medical students.
- (2014) Medical findings and legal outcome among postpubertal women attending the Sexual Assault Centre at St. Olavs Hospital, Trondheim, Norway. A record-based study from 1997–2010. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2014. ISBN 978-82-326-0546-0. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (317).