Cecilie Therese Hagemann
Background and activities
- Sexual assault and rape, clinical and gynecological forensic medicine, anogenital injuries, drug facilitated sexual assault, early psychological intervention, head of the institutes research group Traumatic life events and women´s health
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Associate professor at the Faculty of medicine and health (Coordiator of the teaching in gynecology for medical students)
- Consultant specialist at the Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, St. Olavs hospital
Ongoing research projects:
- Principal investigator in a multidimentional project just received funding from the Norwegian Research Counsel on EARLY PSYCHOLOGICAL INTERVENTION after rape
- The VULVADYN study, supervising the physician Per Kristen Teigen in his Ph.D. project on chronic vulvar pain, a randomized controlled trial on multidimensional treatment
- Supervising master students in fields like contraception, sexual assault and chronic pelvic pain
- Developed instructional videos in pelvic examination technique and forensic specimen collection after rape, together with NTNU multimedia department, just published in a Nordic e-book in gynecology and obstetrics for medical students (NFOG-project)
- Participate in developing an e-learning course in pelvic floor dysfunction and pelvic pain headed by The Norwegian National Advisory Unit on Incontinence and Pelvic Floor Health (NKIB)
- Can med 1994 from the NTNU
- 2014: Ph.D. on the project "Healing and justice - health care and legal outcome after rape": Hospital staff provide emergency health care in addition to assisting the police in forensic sampling and documentation of injuries. The overall aim of the study was to increase knowledge about sexual assault of adult women, improve health care and judicial efforts in this area. Data sources for the study were police files from the Sør-Trøndelag Police District 1997-2010, as well as records from the Sexual Assault Centre at St. Olavs hospital for the same period. Supervisor was professor Berit Schei.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Nedgang i antall uønskede svangerskap i Norge. Best Practice Nordic.
- (2020) Is police investigation of rape biased by characteristics of victims?. Forensic Science International: Synergy. vol. 2.
- (2019) Three groups of suspects in police-reported rape cases: First-time suspects, recidivists and unidentified suspects. A comparative study. Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine.
- (2018) Factors associated with trace evidence analyses and DNA findings among police reported cases of rape. Forensic Science International. vol. 283.
- (2017) EtG/EtS in Serum by UHPLC-MS-MS in Suspected Sexual Assault Cases. Journal of Analytical Toxicology.
- (2016) Assessment of persistent pelvic pain after hysterectomy: Neuropathic or nociceptive?. Scandinavian Journal of Pain. vol. 11.
- (2016) Psychosocial vulnerability among patients contacting a Norwegian sexual assault center. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. vol. 34 (10).
- (2015) Medisinske funn etter voldtekt. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 135 (9).
- (2015) Seksuelt overførbare infeksjoner ved et norsk overgrepsmottak 2015. Best Practice Infeksjonsmedisin. vol. 4 (6).
- (2014) Sexually transmitted infections among women attending a Norwegian Sexual Assault Centre. Sexually Transmitted Infections. vol. 90 (4).
- (2013) Ethanol and drug findings in women consulting a Sexual Assault Center - Associations with clinical characteristics and suspicions of drug-facilitated sexual assault. Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine. vol. 20 (6).
- (2013) EtG/EtS in Urine from Sexual Assault Victims Determined by UPLC-MS-MS. Journal of Analytical Toxicology. vol. 37 (4).
- (2012) Oppløftende selvhjelpsbok om voldtekt. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening. vol. 132 (2).
- (2011) Impact of medico-legal findings on charge filing in cases of rape in adult women. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica. vol. 90 (11).
Part of book/report
- (2020) Approach to the patient. Obstetrics and Gynecology. NFOG textbook for medical students.
- (2020) Violence against women. Obstetrics and Gynecology. NFOG textbook for medical students.
- (2014) Medical findings and legal outcome among postpubertal women attending the Sexual Assault Centre at St. Olavs Hospital, Trondheim, Norway. A record-based study from 1997–2010. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2014. ISBN 978-82-326-0546-0. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (317).
- (2020) Chronic pelvic pain - Self-report characteristics of patients consulting a tertiary multidisciplinary pain clinic. European Congress of Obstetrics and Gynaecology EBCOG 2020 . European Board & College Obstetrics and Gynecology; Bergen. 2020-05-14 - 2020-05-16.
- (2020) «Gynecological examination» - a teaching video for step-by-step instruction for medical students. European Congress of Obstetrics and Gynaecology EBCOG 2020 . European Board & College Obstetrics and Gynecology; Bergen. 2020-05-14 - 2020-05-16.
- (2019) Sexual assault referral centers in Nordic countries. Annual Meeting of The Finnish Gynecological Association . The Finnish Gynecological Association; Helsinki. 2019-11-14 - 2019-11-15.
- (2018) Changing the law improves possibilities to help survivors of rape - Nordic Experiences. The XXII World Congress of Gynecology and Obstetrics (the FIGO conference) . International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO); Riocentro, Rio de Janeiro. 2018-10-14 - 2018-10-19.
- (2018) Sexual assault referral centers in Nordic countries. The 6th International Conference on the Survivors of Rape . National Institute for Health and Welfare/Seri Support Centr; Helsinki. 2018-12-10 - 2018-12-12.