Cecilie K. Øverås
Background and activities
Cecilie K. Øverås is a PhD Candidate at the Department of Sports and Clinical Biomechanics, SDU, Denmark and a researcher at Department of Public Health and Nursing, NTNU. She has an MSc Chiropractic (2000) and MSc Ultrasound (Musculoskeletal) (2015) from AECC, University of Bournemouth, UK.
She has been involved in the EU project Back-UP http://backup-project.eu/ and is currently working on the EU funded project selfBACK https://www.selfback.eu/ besides work on her doctoral thesis using data from HUNT.
- Spinal pain
- Musculoskeletal-, work- & public health
- Physical behaviour (physical activity and sedentary behaviour)
- mhealth and self-management of low back pain
- Co-occurring musculoskeletal pain/multimorbidity
- Research implementation
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Novel approach towards musculoskeletal phenotypes. European Journal of Pain.
- (2020) A digital decision support system (selfBACK) for improved self-management of low back pain: a pilot study with 6-week follow-up. BMC Pilot and Feasibility Studies. vol. 6 (72).
- (2020) Association between objectively measured physical behaviour and neck- and/or low back pain: a systematic review. European Journal of Pain.
- (2019) An App-Delivered Self-Management Program for People With Low Back Pain: Protocol for the selfBACK Randomized Controlled Trial. Journal of Medical Internet Research. vol. 8 (12).
- (2017) Prevalence and pattern of co-occurring musculoskeletal pain and its association with back-related disability among people with persistent low back pain: protocol for a systematic review and meta-analysis. Systematic Reviews.
- (2017) Musculoskeletal diagnostic ultrasound imaging for thickness measurement of four principal muscles of the cervical spine -a reliability and agreement study. Chiropractic and Manual Therapies.