Chamila Thushari Attanapola
Background and activities
- Faculty administrative coodinator for the Norwegian Graduate Researcher School in Linguistics and Philology
External financing on research (BOA)
- Faculty EU research advisor
- EEA and other funding sources
- Documenting and archiving external research financial activities in Ephorte
Faculty coordinator for the Programme for Applied Ethics (PAE)
Faculty CRISTIN super-user
- Registration of publications
- Information on publication support
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2013) Back and forth with hopes and fears: Sri Lankan men's narratives on gender and mobility in transnational livelihoods. Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift. vol. 67 (4).
- (2013) Working gender after crisis: partnerships and disconnections in Sri Lanka after the Indian Ocean tsunami. Gender, Place & Culture: A Journal of Feminist Geography. vol. 20 (1).
- (2013) Contested identities of indigenous people: Indigenization or integration of the Veddas in Sri Lanka. Singapore journal of tropical geography. vol. 34 (2).
- (2008) Women's empowerment for promoting health: Stories of migrant women workers in Katuanayake export-processing zone, Sri Lanka. Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift. vol. 62 (1).
- (2006) Were they ever 'in place'? Sense of place and self-identities among migrant female export-processing zone workers in Sri Lanka. Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift. vol. 60 (3).
- (2005) Experiences of globalization and health in the narratives of female industrial workers in Sri Lanka. Gender, Technology and Development. vol. 9 (1).
- (2005) Female activism and leadership: An empowered woman in a glocal system. Women and Environments. International Magazine. vol. 66/67.
- (2004) Changing gender roles and health impacts among female workers in export-processing industries in Sri Lanka. Social Science and Medicine. vol. 58.
- (2003) Multiple voices, multiple realities: female industrial workers' health in Sri Lanka. Norsk Geografisk Tidsskrift. vol. 57 (3).
- (2009) Gender and Post-tsunami Recovery. 2009. ISBN 978-955-1772-44-4.
Part of book/report
- (2014) Ignored voices of globalization: women’s agency in coping with human rights violations in an export processing zone in Sri Lanka. Alternative Development: Unravelling Marginalization, Voicing Change.
- (2014) Narrating migration and health: Complexity of perceptions and experiences among Asian immigrant women in Trondheim, Norway. Geography and Health A Nordic Outlook.
- (2014) Professionalization of humanitarian work: The Norwegian case. 2014.
- (2013) Migration and Health : A literature review of the health of immigrant populations in Norway. 2013. ISBN 978-82-7570-348-2.
- (2005) Globalization as social and cultural change: female agency and health in structure-agency perspective. 2005. Acta Geographica - Trondheim (Serie B Nr. 6).
- (2005) Unravelling women's stories of health. Female workers' experiences of work, gender roles and empowerment relating to health in Katunayake export-processing zone, Sri Lanka. 2005. ISBN 82-471-7336-0.