Charlie Chunlin Li
Background and activities
- 2004 – Professor, NTNU, Norway.
- 2009 –2012 CTO (part time), Dynamic Rock Support AS, Norway.
- 2000 –2004 Mining engineer, Boliden Mineral AB, Sweden.
- 1998 –2000 Associate Professor (Docent), Lulea University of Technology (LTU), Sweden.
- 1993 –1998 Research scientist , LTU, Sweden.
- 1984 –1988 Teaching assistant, Central South University of Technology, China
- TGB 4210 Rock and Soil Mechanics
- TGB 4212 Advanced Rock Mechanics
- TPG 4112 Geomechanics and Flow in Porous Media
- GB 8406 Rock fracture mechanics (Ph.D. course)·
- Rock support – theory and practice
- Spalling/rockburst in hard rock and dynamic rock support
- Stability analysis for underground excavations
- Mining rock mechanics
- Rock failure mechanics
Memberships in academic societies
- A member of NTVA - the Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences
- Past Vice President of ISRM for Europe 2015 - 2019 (ISRM - International Society for Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Pull-out and critical embedment length of grouted rebar rock bolts - mechanisms when approaching and reaching the ultimate load. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. vol. 54.
- (2021) Principles and methods of rock support for rockburst control. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. vol. 13 (1).
- (2021) Performance of Identical Rockbolts Tested on Four Dynamic Testing Rigs Employing the Direct Impact Method. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. vol. 13 (4).
- (2021) A New Method for Predicting the Crack Propagation Process of Brittle Rock under Thermo-Hydro-Mechanical Loading Conditions. IEEE Access. vol. 9.
- (2021) Radial stiffness of rock bolt samples and required thickness of the steel tube in impact tests. International Journal of Rock Mechanics And Mining Sciences. vol. 146.
- (2019) Experimental Investigation of Blast-Induced Fractures in Rock Cylinders. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. vol. 52 (8).
- (2019) Measurement of shock pressure and shock-wave attenuation near a blast hole in rock. International Journal of Impact Engineering. vol. 125.
- (2019) Rockburst conditions and rockburst support. Chinese Journal of Rock Mechanics and Engineering. vol. 38 (4).
- (2019) Discussions on rockburst and dynamic ground support in deep mines. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. vol. 11 (5).
- (2019) Effects of Confining Stress on the Post-Peak Behaviour and Fracture Angle of Fauske Marble and Iddefjord Granite. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. vol. 52 (5).
- (2018) ISRM Suggested Method for Determining the Basic Friction Angle of Planar Rock Surfaces by Means of Tilt Tests. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. vol. 51 (12).
- (2018) Fracture Processes in Granite Blocks Under Blast Loading. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering.
- (2017) A Benchmark Experiment to Assess Factors Affecting Tilt Test Results for Sawcut Rock Surfaces. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. vol. 50 (9).
- (2017) Principles of rockbolting design. Journal of Rock Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering. vol. 9 (3).
- (2017) Measurement of the basic friction angle of planar rock discontinuities with three rock cores. Bulletin of Engineering Geology and the Environment.
- (2017) Wear of cemented tungsten carbide percussive drill?bit inserts: Laboratory and field study. Wear. vol. 386-387.
- (2017) Support performance of functionally graded concrete lining. Construction and Building Materials. vol. 147.
- (2016) Effects of strain rate and confining pressure on the compressive behavior of Kuru Granite. International Journal of Impact Engineering. vol. 91.
- (2016) Analysis of Inflatable Rock Bolts. Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering. vol. 49 (1).
- (2016) Critical embedment length and bond strength of fully encapsulated rebar rockbolts. Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology. vol. 59.