Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Low volume, high intensity: Time-efficient exercise for the treatment of hypertension. European Journal of Preventive Cardiology. vol. 25 (6).
- (2018) Effect of High Intensity Interval Training on Cardiac Function in Children with Obesity: A Randomised Controlled Trial. Progress in cardiovascular diseases. vol. 61 (2).
- (2018) Cardiac function in newborns of obese women and the effect of exercise during pregnancy. A randomized controlled trial. PLOS ONE. vol. 13 (6).
- (2017) Effect of high-intensity interval training on fitness, fat mass and cardiometabolic biomarkers in children with obesity: a randomised controlled trial. Sports Medicine. vol. Published ahead of print.
- (2017) Left ventricular morphology and function in adolescents: Relations to fitness and fatness. International Journal of Cardiology. vol. 240.
- (2017) Assessment of the Five-Minute Oxygen Uptake Efficiency Slope in Children With Obesity. Pediatric Exercise Science. vol. 29 (3).
- (2017) Cardiac function in newborns of obese women and the effect of an exercise intervention. European Heart Journal, Supplement. vol. 28.
- (2017) Exercise intensity, redox homeostasis and inflammation in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Journal of Science and Medicine in Sport. vol. 20 (10).
- (2016) Validity Of Six-minute Oxygen Uptake Efficiency Slope In Obese Children To Determine Cardiorespiratory Fitness. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. May;48 (5).
- (2016) Effects of exercise intensity and nutrition advice on myocardial function in obese children and adolescents: a multicentre randomised controlled trial study protocol. BMJ Open. vol. Apr 4 (6(4)).
- (2016) The Oxygen Uptake Efficiency Slope Reflects Exercise-training Induced Changes In VO2max In Obese Children. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. May;48 (5).
- (2016) Exercise Training Normalizes Timing of Left Ventricular Untwist Rate, but Not Peak Untwist Rate, in Individuals with Type 2 Diabetes and Diastolic Dysfunction: A Pilot Study. Journal of the American Society of Echocardiography. vol. 29 (5).
- (2016) Maternal obesity affects fetal myocardial function as early as in the first trimester. Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynecology. vol. 47 (4).
- (2016) Can Time Efficient Exercise Improve Cardiometabolic Risk Factors in Type 2 Diabetes? A Pilot Study. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine. vol. 15 (2).
- (2015) Exercise and vascular function in child obesity: A meta-analysis. Pediatrics. vol. 136 (3).
- (2015) Fast food increases postprandial cardiac workload in type 2 diabetes independent of pre-exercise: A pilot study. Nutrition Journal. vol. 14 (79).
- (2015) Aerobic interval training reduces inducible ventricular arrhytmias in diabetic mice after myocardial infarction. Basic Research in Cardiology. vol. 110 (44).
- (2014) Effect of 24 sessions of high-intensity aerobic interval training carried out at either high or moderate frequency, a randomized trial. PLOS ONE. vol. 9 (2).
- (2014) Linking pediatric obesity to subclinical alterations in cardiac structure and function. JACC Cardiovascular Imaging. vol. 7 (12).
- (2013) Aerobic exercise training improves right- and left ventricular systolic function in patients with COPD. COPD: Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. vol. 10 (3).