Background and activities
The power system is undergoing a crucial evolution due to the fast growth of renewable power generations. One of the key techniques, enabling and propelling this new scenario, is closely related to the advances of power electronics devices. Since substantial power electronics devices now are attached to the grid, stability issues that may not well fall into the categories of conventional power system dynamics and stability problems are emerging and jeopardize the overall system’s stable and secure operation.
Based on this background, the dynamical representation and stability analysis for power electronics devices are of vital importance in understanding and studying those stability issues, and finally formulating the effective countermeasures, which is also my main research interest and focus.
Postdoctoral fellow at Department of Engineering Cybernetics since March 2018.
Ph.D.eng, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China, 2018. Thesis topic is “The electromagnetic dynamics and stability analysis of the renewable power generation systems ”.
B.ENG, China University of Mining and Technology, China, 2011.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Control of a Type-IV Wind Turbine with the Capability of Robust Grid-Synchronization and Inertial Response for Weak Grid Stable Operation. IEEE Access. vol. 7.
- (2019) Impedance-based Analysis of Interconnected Power Electronics Systems: Impedance Network Modeling and Comparative Studies of Stability Criteria. IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics.
- (2019) Harmonic Transfer-function-based Impedance Modelling of a Three-phase VSC for Asymmetric AC Grids Stability Analysis. IEEE transactions on power electronics. vol. 34 (12).
- (2018) On the Impedance Modeling and Equivalence of AC/DC Side Stability Analysis of a Grid-tied Type-IV Wind Turbine System. IEEE transactions on energy conversion.
- (2017) A Modified Sequence-Domain Impedance Definition and Its Equivalence to the dq-Domain Impedance Definition for the Stability Analysis of AC Power Electronic Systems. IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics. vol. 4 (4).
- (2017) On the Equivalence and Impact on Stability of Impedance Modeling of Power Electronic Converters in Different Domains. IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Power Electronics. vol. 5 (4).
- (2017) Sequence Domain SISO Equivalent Models of a Grid-tied Voltage Source Converter System for Small-Signal Stability Analysis. IEEE transactions on energy conversion. vol. 32 (2).
- (2017) Properties and Physical Interpretation of the Dynamic Interactions between Voltage Source Converters and Grid: Electrical Oscillation and Its Stability Control. IET Power Electronics. vol. 10 (8).
Part of book/report
- (2018) Analysis of Bifurcation Behaviors in MMC Connected to a Weak Grid. IECON 2018 - 44th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society.
- (2018) Understanding the Nonlinear Behavior and Frequency Stability of a Grid-synchronized VSC Under Grid Voltage Dips. Arxiv paper June 2018 ; 2018-06-01 - 2018-06-01.
- (2017) A simple method for shifting local dq impedance models to a global reference frame for stability analysis. e-print Cornell University Library open respository. e-print Cornell University Library open respository arXiv: 1706.08313 . Cornell University Library Open Repository; 2017-06-26 - 2017-06-26.
- (2017) Augmented Sequence Impedance Networks of Grid-tied Voltage Source Converter for Stability Analysis. Arxiv paper March 2017 ; 2017-03-01 - 2017-03-01.
- (2016) Frequency-dependent source and load impedances in power systems based on power electronic converters. Power Systems Computation Conference (PSCC), 2016 . University of Genoa; Genoa. 2016-06-20 - 2016-06-24.