Background and activities
Christian Jonasson holds a M.Sc. in Pharmacy from the University of Uppsala in Sweden and a Ph.D. from the Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bergen in Norway. Christian has over 20 years of experience from the life science sector including positions in the public sector, pharmaceutical industry and academia. Previously Christian was the Chief Scientific Officer of Lifandis AS, Norway, where he was responsible for the scientific delivery of industry-sponsored research projects within areas of biomarkers and drug discovery utilizing Norwegian biobanks and registries. Since 1 November 2015 he is Senior Researcher at the Norwegian University of Technology and Sciences (NTNU, Trondheim) and responsible for all industry driven research project on the unique HUNT cohort as well as being the leader of the work package on innovation and industry collaboration in the Biobank Norway consortium.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Development and validation of a protein-based risk score for cardiovascular outcomes among patients with stable coronary heart disease. Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA). vol. 315 (23).
- (2016) A nationwide registry study to compare bleeding rates in patients with atrial fibrillation being prescribed oral anticoagulants. European Heart Journal - Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy. vol. 3 (1).
- (2013) Association between adherence to concomitant proton pump inhibitor therapy in current NSAID users and upper gastrointestinal complications. European Journal of Gastroenterology and Hepathology. vol. 25 (5).
- (2013) Patterns of proton pump inhibitor utilization in gastroesophageal reflux disease and the effect of restrictions on reimbursement: a nationwide prescription database study. Scandinavian Journal of Gastroenterology. vol. 48 (9).
- (2013) Validation of the GerdQ questionnaire for the diagnosis of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease. Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics. vol. 37 (5).
- (2012) Randomised clinical trial: a comparison between a GerdQ-based algorithm and an endoscopy-based approach for the diagnosis and initial treatment of GERD. Alimentary Pharmacology and Therapeutics. vol. 35 (11).
- (2016) New NVAF patients in Norway - a bleeding analysis. 2016. NR-notat (SAMBA/16/16).
- (2016) New NVAF patients in Norway - patients switching OAC drugs. 2016. NR-notat (SAMBA/30/16).
- (2016) New NVAF patients in Norway - time to discontinuation. 2016. NR-notat (SAMBA/22/16).
- (2013) Proton pump inhibitors in acid-related diseases - issues in diagnosis, treatment and outcome. 2013. ISBN 978-82-308-2316-3.