Background and activities
In my PhD project I aim to disentangle Alzheimer's disease (AD) by using rodent models, by answering four timely questions:
- How well can we translate fluid biomarkers between AD models and patients?
- Is it possible to longitudinally measure in vivo biochemical changes in AD biomarkers in models?
- Are repurposed drugs effective in hindering AD neuropathology in models?
- Can AD neuropathology spread be hindered when its cortical origin is manipulated?
Scientific, academic and artistic work
- (2021) In Vivo Microdialysis in Mice Captures Changes in Alzheimer´s Disease Cerebrospinal Fluid Biomarkers Consistent with Developing Pathology. Journal of Alzheimer's Disease. vol. 84 (4).
- (2020) Linking molecular biomarkers and behavior in rodents and patients with Alzheimer’s disease. FENS Virtual Forum 2020 . Federation of European Neuroscience Societies; 2020-07-11 - 2020-07-15.
- (2020) Bridging the gap between fluid biomarkers for Alzheimer’s disease, model systems, and patients. Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience. vol. 12.
- (2019) Linking molecular biomarkers and behavior in animal models and humans with Alzheimer’s disease. Neuroscience Symposia for Young Scientists at NTNU (NeuroSys) . YROCK Kavli Institute for Systems Neuroscience; St Olav hospital Trondheim. 2019-10-03 - 2019-10-03.
- (2019) Linking molecular biomarkers and behaviour in animal models and humans with Alzheimer´s disease. 3rd Nordic Neuroscience Meeting ; Helsinki. 2019-06-12 - 2019-06-14.