Background and activities
Claudia Moscoso is a postdoctoral research fellow at the Department of Architectural Design, Form and Colour Studies, Faculty of Architecture and Fine Art, NTNU.
- Architectural Design
- Light and colour in architecture
- Built Environment
- Environmental Perception
Claudia Moscoso is professional architect and member of the Architects Association of Peru. She has wide professional experience in the development and management of architectural projects, being responsible of small and large scale projects in her home country and in the US.
She obtained her PhD degree at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, where she conducted research about the impact of daylight and colour on the aesthetic perception of architecture using advanced visual equipment.
She is now an active researcher of the Light and Colour Group at NTNU.
- Light and colour in the indoor environment
- Environmental aesthetics
- Interdisciplinary research between lighting, colour and environmental studies
- Experimental research
- Simulation methods
- Stereoscopic images as an experimental tool
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Aesthetic Judgements as a factor of lighting quality. Lyskultur-publikasjon. vol. 3.
- (2015) Impact of window size and room reflectance on the perceived quality of a room. Journal of Architectural and Planning Research. vol. 32 (4).
- (2015) Vindusstørrelse, dagslys og persepsjon av rom. LYS, magasinet for belysning og lysdesign.
- (2015) Analysis of Stereoscopic Images as a New Method for Daylighting Studies. ACM Transactions on Applied Perception. vol. 11 (4).
- (2014) 3D bilder som en ny metode for dagslysstudier. LYS, magasinet for belysning og lysdesign.
Part of book/report
- (2015) From windows to daylighting systems: How daylight affects the aesthetic perception of architecture. Proceedings of the 28th CIE Session 2015.
- (2013) Virtual Environments to study Daylight and Colour. Towards a new approach of advanced research method. Nordic Light and Colour 2012.
- (2013) Visual environment as a tool for daylighting studies. Lux Europa Krakow 2013 Proceedings.
- (2016) Daylighting and Architectural Quality: Aesthetic Perception of Daylit Indoor Environments. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2016. ISBN 978-82-326-1394-6.
- (2015) A Guide to Light and Colour Demonstrations 2015 ISBN 978-82-7551-117-9 NTNU Grafiske senter 2015. Undervisning [Kunstnerisk og museal presentasjon] . Light & Colour Group; NTNU. 2015-10-01.
- (2014) Achromatic colours and their effect on architectural quality attributes. Forum Farge 2014 . Forum Farge; Gjøvik. 2014-03-21 - 2014-03-21.
- (2012) Synergy of music and stereoscopic images and sequences. Meta.morf Biennale 2012 . TEKS – Trondheim Electronic Arts Centre; Trondheim. 2012-10-05 - 2012-10-05.
- (2011) ROMLAB Presentation. Fagkonferanse . LYSKULTUR - Norsk kunnskapssenter for lys; Trondheim. 2011-03-10 - 2011-03-11.
- (2011) The impact of daylight and colour on the perceived quality of architecture. 4th VELUX Daylight Symposium . VELUX; Lausanne. 2011-05-03 - 2011-05-05.