Background and activities
I joined NTNU in 2017 from Lancaster University (UK) where I was Professor of Economics. I received my PhD in Economics from the University of Queensland in 2008. My research areas broadly cover applied microeconomics and public policy. This includes research in labour, education, health and personnel economics.
I currently act as Editor in Chief at Education Economics, Associate Editor at the Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization and co-organise the annual International Workshop on Applied Economics of Education (IWAEE).
More details at https://sites.google.com/site/prgreenc/home
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Does Performance Pay Increase Alcohol and Drug Use?. Journal of Population Economics.
- (2019) Zero Hours Contracts and Their Growth. British Journal of Industrial Relations.
- (2018) Long-Run Patterns of Labour Market Polarisation: Evidence from German Micro Data. British Journal of Industrial Relations.
- (2018) The effect of far right parties on the location choice of immigrants: Evidence from Lega Nord Mayors. Journal of Public Economics. vol. 166.
- (2018) The Effect of Permanent Employment on Absenteeism: Evidence from Labor Reform in Spain. Industrial & labor relations review. vol. 71.
- (2018) Paradox Lost: The Disappearing Female Job Satisfaction Premium. British Journal of Industrial Relations. vol. 56 (3).
- (2017) Do Dominant Firms Provide More Training?. Journal of Economics and Management Strategy. vol. 26 (1).
- (2017) Female directors, board committees and firm performance. European Economic Review. vol. 102.
- (2016) Share Capitalism and Worker Wellbeing. Labour Economics. vol. 42.
- (2016) Don't Forget the Gravy: The Complementarity of Bonuses and Time Rates. Industrial Relations. vol. 55.
- (2016) Traffic Accidents and the London Congestion Charge. Journal of Public Economics. vol. 133.
- (2016) Play Hard, Shirk Hard? The Effect of Bar Hours Regulation on Absence. Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics. vol. 78.
- (2015) Long Lasting Differences in Social Capital: Evidence from a Unique Immigration Event in Italy. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization. vol. 120.
- (2014) Did Liberalising English Bar Hours Cause Traffic Accidents?. Journal of Health Economics. vol. 35.
- (2014) School Choice and Student Wellbeing. Economics of Education Review. vol. 38.
- (2012) Does Raising the School Leaving Age Reduce Teacher Effort? Evidence from a Policy Experiment. Economic Inquiry. vol. 50.
- (2011) Flexible Contracts and Subjective Wellbeing. Economic Inquiry. vol. 49.
- (2008) Does Performance Pay Increase Job Satisfaction?. Economica. vol. 75.
- (2007) Worker Absence and Shirking: Evidence from matched Teacher-School Data. Labour Economics. vol. 14.
- (2020) The Economics of Education: A Comprehensive Overview. Elsevier. 2020. ISBN 978-0-12-815391-8.