Cristian Torres Rodriguez
Background and activities
- Hands-on operating equipment: tribometers, potentiostats (electrochemical measurements), sample metallographical preparation (polishing, grinding, embedding), Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM), X-ray diffraction (XRD), Focused ion beam (FIB), Energy- dispersive X-ray spectroscopy (EDS), confocal microscopy, optical microscopy, Vickers hardness, nanoindenter.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Crevice corrosion of solution annealed 25Cr duplex stainless steels: Effect of W on critical temperatures. Corrosion Science. vol. 178.
- (2020) The Role of Tungsten on the Phase Transformation Kinetics and its Correlation with the Localized Corrosion Resistance of 25Cr Super Duplex Stainless Steels. Journal of the Electrochemical Society. vol. 167 (8).
- (2020) Use of the Critical Acidification Model to Estimate the Influence of W in the Localized Corrosion Resistance of 25Cr Super Duplex Stainless Steels. Metals. vol. 10 (10).
- (2019) Effect ofW on Phase Transformation Kinetics and its Correlation with Localized Corrosion Resistance for UNS S39274. International Corrosion Conference Series. vol. 2019-March.
- (2019) Properties of TSA in natural seawater at ambient and elevated temperature. Materials and corrosion - Werkstoffe und Korrosion. vol. 70 (2).
- (2018) Effect of tungsten on the precipitation kinetics and localized corrosion resistance of super duplex stainless steels. International Corrosion Conference Series. vol. 2018-April.
- (2018) Influence of tungsten on passivity breakdown and repassivation of 25CR super duplex stainless steel. International Corrosion Conference Series. vol. 2018-April.
- (2017) Effect of tungsten on the pitting and crevice corrosion resistance of Type 25Cr super duplex stainless steels. Corrosion. vol. 73 (1).
- (2015) A metal ion release study of CoCrMo exposed to corrosion and tribocorrosion conditions in simulated body fluids. Wear. vol. 332.
- (2013) Bulk Metallic Glasses (BMG) for biomedical applications – a tribocorrosion investigation of Zr55Cu30Ni5Al10 in simulated body fluid. Wear. vol. 301 (1-2).
- (2013) A new experimental technique for quantifying the galvanic coupling effects on stainless steel during tribocorrosion under equilibrium conditions. Wear. vol. 307 (1-2).