Background and activities
I am a PhD Candidate at the Industrial Ecology Programme (IndEcol) in the Department of Energy and Process Engineering (EPT) at NTNU. I work within the research area of Ecosystems and Bioresources and my main research interests are in the field of climate analysis of biomass and bioenergy systems. The aim to my PhD is to better include in the LCA framework climate impacts from bio-resource extraction and use, especially those following land use or land cover changes (e.g., surface albedo and GHG fluxes). My work addesses the interactions between climate forcing agents and individual climate system responses, with a particular focus on the land-climate nexus.
I have a BSc in Economy and International Affairs and a MSc in Geopolitics and International Affairs from the Faculty of International Business and Economics (REI) at the Bucharest University of Economic Studies (ASE) from Romania.
During my master degree within Industrial Ecology Master's degree programme I specialised in systems analysis. For my Master thesis I worked under the supervision of Francesco Cherubini on the topic of life cycle assessment (LCA) of biogas production in the Norwegian context, within the CenBio project.
Before starting my PhD I worked as a research assistant within the Ecoservice and Bio4Clim projects. In this position I collaborated with Francesca Verones and Francesco Cherubini to explore the possibility to integrate environmental assessment of forestry operations in terms of both climate change and biodiversity loss impacts.
As part of my PhD I am also the teaching assistant for the graduate course Climate Change Mitigation (TEP4300).
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Estimating future wood outtakes in the Norwegian forestry sector under the shared socioeconomic pathways. Global Environmental Change. vol. 50.
- (2018) Contribution of forest wood products to negative emissions: historical comparative analysis from 1960 to 2015 in Norway, Sweden and Finland. Carbon Balance and Management. vol. 13 (12).
- (2018) Integrating impacts on climate change and biodiversity from forest harvest in Norway. Ecological Indicators. vol. 89.
- (2016) Life-cycle assessment of a biogas power plant with application of different climate metrics and inclusion of near-term climate forcers. Journal of Environmental Management. vol. 184 (3).
- (2015) Estimating future wood outtakes in the Norwegian forestry sector under the shared socioeconomic pathways. Global Environmental Change. vol. 50.