Background and activities
I am a PhD Candidate at the Industrial Ecology Programme (IndEcol) in the Department of Energy and Process Engineering (EPT) at NTNU. I work within the research area of Ecosystems and Bioresources and my main research interests are in the field of climate analysis of biomass and bioenergy systems. The aim to my PhD is to better include in the LCA framework climate impacts from bio-resource extraction and use, especially those following land use or land cover changes (e.g., surface albedo and GHG fluxes). My work addesses the interactions between climate forcing agents and individual climate system responses, with a particular focus on the land-climate nexus.
I have a BSc in Economy and International Affairs and a MSc in Geopolitics and International Affairs from the Faculty of International Business and Economics (REI) at the Bucharest University of Economic Studies (ASE) from Romania.
During my master degree within Industrial Ecology Master's degree programme I specialised in systems analysis. For my Master thesis I worked under the supervision of Francesco Cherubini on the topic of life cycle assessment (LCA) of biogas production in the Norwegian context, within the CenBio project.
Before starting my PhD I worked as a research assistant within the Ecoservice and Bio4Clim projects. In this position I collaborated with Francesca Verones and Francesco Cherubini to explore the possibility to integrate environmental assessment of forestry operations in terms of both climate change and biodiversity loss impacts.
I am the teaching assistant for the graduate courses:
- Climate Change Mitigation (TEP4300)
- Solid Waste Technology and Resource Recovery (TEP4310)
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Climate change – World Environment Day 2019. World Environment Day 2019 . ARM Norway; Trondheim. 2019-06-05 - 2019-06-05.
- (2019) Integration of Land Use Change effects in Life Cycle Assessment. GEOG9915 – Ecological Climatology . University of Oslo; Oslo. 2019-05-25 - 2019-05-25.
- (2019) Impacts of land management and land cover change on albedo.A global assessment. 10th International Association for Landscape Ecology (IALE) World Congress . University of Milano-Bicocca; Milano. 2019-07-01 - 2019-07-05.
- (2018) Forests and forest-based sector carbon budget – Finland, Norway and Sweden 1960-2015. IBFRA Conference, Cool forests at risk? The critical role of boreal and mountain ecosystems for people, bioeconomy, and climate ; 2018-09-17 - 2018-09-20.
- (2018) A framework to estimate future wood outtakes under shared socioeconomic pathways. Scientific lectures in East South University . East South University; Nanjing. 2018-07-07 - 2018-07-07.
- (2018) Downscaling shared socioeconomic pathways from global to local: application to future wood outtakes in the Norwegian forestry sector. International Conference on Resource Sustainability ; Beijing. 2018-06-26 - 2018-06-29.
- (2018) Estimating future wood outtakes in the Norwegian forestry sector under the shared socioeconomic pathways. Global Environmental Change. vol. 50.
- (2018) Predicting the future wood outtakes under shared socioeconomic pathways. Scientific lectures in Beijing Normal University . Beijing Normal University; Beijing. 2018-06-25 - 2018-06-25.
- (2018) Contribution of forest wood products to negative emissions: historical comparative analysis from 1960 to 2015 in Norway, Sweden and Finland. International Conference on Negative CO2 emissions . Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg, Sweden; Gothenburg. 2018-05-22 - 2018-05-24.
- (2018) Contribution of forest wood products to negative emissions: historical comparative analysis from 1960 to 2015 in Norway, Sweden and Finland. Carbon Balance and Management. vol. 13 (12).
- (2018) Integrating impacts on climate change and biodiversity from forest harvest in Norway. Ecological Indicators. vol. 89.
- (2017) Integrating climate change and biodiversity impacts following forest harvest operations in Norway. LCM2017 Conference . Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology; Luxembourg. 2017-09-03 - 2017-09-06.
- (2017) Integrating impacts on climate change and biodiversity from forest harvest in Norway. Life Cycle Management (LCM) Conference . Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology; European Convention Center Luxembourg. 2017-09-03 - 2017-09-06.