Background and activities
- BSc (ingeniør) in mechanical engineering from Gjøvik School of Engineering, Norway
- MSc (siv.ing.) in technical physics from NTH, Norway, 1983
- PhD (dr. ing.) in experimantal physics from NTH, Norway, 1988
- Worked at Gjøvik College of Engineering /Gjøvik University College, 1988 – 1995, 2000 - 2015
- Other work experience: Det norske Veritas (trainee 1977-1979), Eastern Norwegian Reseach Institute (researcher 1989 - 1994), Lillehammer University College (1995 - 1997), InterAct as (CEO 1997-2000),occasional assignments as a industry consultant in NDT for several companies (1990 - )
- Medical physics
- Industrial non-destructive testing (NDT), particularly X-ray, computed tomography, and ultrasound
- Machine vision
- Light scattering studies of liquids
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) How different iterative and filtered back projection kernels affect computed tomography numbers and low contrast detectability. Journal of computer assisted tomography. vol. 41 (1).
- (2017) How radiographers visually perceive X-ray images with the task of accepting or rejecting them – a pilot study. Radiography Open. vol. 3 (1).
- (2016) Image texture and radiation dose properties in CT. Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics. vol. 17 (3).
- (2016) Influence of adaptive statistical iterative reconstruction algorithm on image quality in coronary computed tomography angiography. Acta radiologica open. vol. 5 (12).
- (2013) New Developed DR Detector Performs Radiographs of Hand, Pelvic and Premature Chest Anatomies at a Lower Radiation Dose and/or a Higher Image Quality. Journal of digital imaging.
- (2012) Digital radiography: optimization of image quality and dose using multi-frequency software. Pediatric Radiology. vol. 42 (9).
- (2012) An Architectural Approach to Building Ambient Intelligent Travel Companions. International Journal of E-Health and Medical Communications (IJEHMC). vol. 3 (3).
- (2010) Better evidence-based quality in digital radiographic imaging by eLearning. European Radiology.
- (2010) Empiriske prosjekter i bacheloroppgaver - et unødvendig gode?. Hold Pusten. vol. 37 (5).
- (2010) Learning evidence-based digital imaging quality assurance. European Radiology.
- (2010) Image rejects/retakes-radiographic challenges. Radiation Protection Dosimetry. vol. 139 (1-3).
- (2008) Omtak av radiografiske bilder – problemet som ikke lot seg digitalisere bort. Hold Pusten.
- (1995) A versatile interface light-scattering spectrometer. Measurement science and technology. vol. 6 (11).
- (1994) Description of an Interface Light-Scattering Spectrometer with a Cylindrical High-Pressure Scattering Cell including Performance Test on a Model Gas-Condensate System. Journal of Colloid and Interface Science. vol. 164 (1).
- (1989) Dynamic light scattering observation of droplet aggregation in a Winsor type W/O microemulsion system. Journal of Chemical Physics. vol. 91 (6).
Part of book/report
- (2017) Memory Effects in Subjective Quality Assessment of X-Ray Images. Image Analysis 20th Scandinavian Conference, SCIA 2017 Tromsø, Norway, June 12–14, 2017 Proceedings, Part II.
- (2015) Contributions to spectral imaging of oil paintings using standard medical X-ray equipment. 2015 Colour and Visual Computing Symposium (CVCS).
- (2012) Zen og kunsten å kvalitetsvurdere bilder – et forsøk på brobygging mellom subjektiv og objektiv bildekvalitet. Kvalitet i praksis - film, fjernsyn og foto.
- (2011) e-Learning philosophy and structure for a Nordic education project in evidence based radiography. Third European IRPA Congress. 14 – 18 June 2010 Helsinki, Finland. Radiation protection – science, safety and security www.irpa2010europe.com.
- (2003) Ingeniørutdanningens postindustrielle utfordringer. Innovasjonsledelse : en papersamling.