Background and activities
- BSc (ingeniør) in mechanical engineering from Gjøvik School of Engineering, Norway
- MSc (siv.ing.) in technical physics from NTH, Norway, 1983
- PhD (dr. ing.) in experimantal physics from NTH, Norway, 1988
- Worked at Gjøvik College of Engineering /Gjøvik University College, 1988 – 1995, 2000 - 2015
- Other work experience: Det norske Veritas (trainee 1977-1979), Eastern Norwegian Reseach Institute (researcher 1989 - 1994), Lillehammer University College (1995 - 1997), InterAct as (CEO 1997-2000),occasional assignments as a industry consultant in NDT for several companies (1990 - )
- Medical physics
- Industrial non-destructive testing (NDT), particularly X-ray, computed tomography, and ultrasound
- Machine vision
- Light scattering studies of liquids
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) A qualitative study of user experiences from the implementation of new technology in healthcare services, Norway. The Innovation Journal - Public Sector Innovation Journal. vol. 26 (3).
- (2021) Three-stage segmentation of lung region from CT images using deep neural networks. BMC Medical Imaging. vol. 21 (112).
- (2021) COMPARISON of CONVENTIONAL HAND EXAMINATION on SIX OPTIMISED DR SYSTEMS. Radiation Protection Dosimetry. vol. 194 (1).
- (2020) User expectations and experiences during implementation of new technology in healthcare services. Gerontechnology. vol. 19.
- (2019) Plant leaves region segmentation in cluttered and occluded images using perceptual color space and k-means-derived threshold with set theory. IEEE Conference on Industrial Informatics. vol. 2019-July.
- (2019) Comparison of image quality in chest, hip and pelvis examinations between mobile equipment in nursing homes and static indirect radiography equipment in the hospital. Radiography.
- (2019) Can scatter correction software replace a grid in DR pelvic examinations?. Radiation Protection Dosimetry.
- (2019) Does software optimization influence the radiologists' perception in low dose paediatric pelvic examinations?. Radiography. vol. 25 (2).
- (2018) Image quality in coronary computed tomography angiography: influence of adaptive statistical iterative reconstruction at various radiation dose levels. Acta Radiologica. vol. 59 (10).
- (2018) A Weighted Histogram-Based Tone Mapping Algorithm for CT images. Algorithms. vol. 11 (8).
- (2018) Image De-Quantization Using Plate Bending Model. Algorithms. vol. 11 (8).
- (2018) Applicability of a clinical cardiac CT protocol in post mortem studies. Journal of Forensic Radiology and Imaging. vol. 12.
- (2017) Human factors in the implementation and adoption of innovations in health care services. A longitudinal case study on the introduction of new technology. The Innovation Journal - Public Sector Innovation Journal. vol. 22 (3).
- (2017) How different iterative and filtered back projection kernels affect computed tomography numbers and low contrast detectability. Journal of computer assisted tomography. vol. 41 (1).
- (2017) How radiographers visually perceive X-ray images with the task of accepting or rejecting them – a pilot study. Radiography Open. vol. 3 (1).
- (2016) Image texture and radiation dose properties in CT. Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics. vol. 17 (3).
- (2016) Influence of adaptive statistical iterative reconstruction algorithm on image quality in coronary computed tomography angiography. Acta Radiologica Open. vol. 5 (12).
- (2013) New Developed DR Detector Performs Radiographs of Hand, Pelvic and Premature Chest Anatomies at a Lower Radiation Dose and/or a Higher Image Quality. Journal of digital imaging.
- (2012) Digital radiography: optimization of image quality and dose using multi-frequency software. Pediatric Radiology. vol. 42 (9).
- (2012) An Architectural Approach to Building Ambient Intelligent Travel Companions. International Journal of E-Health and Medical Communications (IJEHMC). vol. 3 (3).