Background and activities
Dr. Damiano Rotondo was born in Francavilla Fontana, Italy, in 1987. He received the B.S. degree (with honors) from the Second University of Naples, Italy, the M.S. degree (with honors) from the University of Pisa, Italy, and the Ph.D. degree (with honors) from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain in 2008, 2011 and 2016, respectively. He has visited the KIOS Research Center for Intelligent Systems and Networks, University of Cyprus, Nicosia, Cyprus, from January to March 2013, the Research Center for Automatic Control of Nancy (CRAN) at the University of Lorraine, Nancy, France, from March 2014 to July 2014 and the Centre for Autonomous Marine Operations and Systems (AMOS) at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) from March 2015 to uly 2015. Since May 2016, he is an ERCIM postdoctoral researcher at AMOS/NTNU (Norway). His main research interests include gain-scheduled control systems, fault detection and isolation (FDI) and fault tolerant control (FTC) of dynamic systems. He has published several papers in international conference proceedings and scientific journals.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) A bounded-error approach to simultaneous state and actuator fault estimation for a class of nonlinear systems. Journal of Process Control. vol. 52.
- (2017) LPV model reference control for fixed-wing UAVs. IFAC-PapersOnLine.
- (2017) Icing diagnosis in unmanned aerial vehicles using an LPV multiple model estimator. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 50 (1).
- (2017) A necessary and sufficient condition for total observability of discrete-time linear time-varying systems. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 50 (1).
- (2016) Detection of icing and actuators faults in the longitudinal dynamics of small UAVs using an LPV proportional integral unknown input observer. Conference on Control and Fault-Tolerant Systems (SysTol). vol. 2016-November.
- (2016) Actuator multiplicative fault estimation in discrete-time LPV systems using switched observers. Journal of the Franklin Institute. vol. 353 (13).
- (2016) Fault tolerant control of a proton exchange membrane fuel cell using Takagi–Sugeno virtual actuators. Journal of Process Control. vol. 45.