Background and activities
Dar'ya Guarnera received her Ph.D in computer science from the Loughborough University. She obtained her Postgraduate Certificate in Education from the Liverpool Hope University and first-class degree in Computer Science from the Liverpool Hope University. In 2006 she received Student of the year award at graduation from Liverpool Community College in 3D modelling and texturing. She also obtained BSc in Architecture from the Odessa State Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture. Her interests includes 3D architectural visualisation, virtual material acquisition and visualisation and human perception.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Perceptually Validated Cross-Renderer Analytical BRDF Parameter Remapping. IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics.
- (2018) Visual sensitivity to material differences. Journal of Vision. vol. 18.
- (2017) Towards a Consistent, Tool Independent Virtual Material Appearance. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology.
- (2018) Virtual Material Acquisition and Representation for Computer Graphics. Morgan & Claypool Publishers. 2018. ISBN 9781681731469.
Part of book/report
- (2019) BxDF Material Acquisition, Representation, and Rendering for VR and Design. SIGGRAPH Asia 2019, ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques Conference; Brisbane, Australia, 17-20 November 2019.
- (2019) On the Acquisition and Reproduction of Material Appearance. Computational Color Imaging, 7th International Workshop, CCIW 2019.
- (2018) Perceptually validated analytical BRDFs parameters remapping. ACM SIGGRAPH 2018 Talks.