Background and activities
I am Associate Professor (førsteamanuensis) of (English) Linguistics in the Department of Language and Literature. I received my PhD in Linguistics from the University of Maryland in the United States. My advisors were Colin Phillips, Jeff Lidz, and (unofficially) Norbert Hornstein. I was a postdoctoral researcher at Haskins Laboratories in New Haven, CT, where I worked with Julie A. Van Dyke.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Notes on Gapping in Hindi-Urdu: Conjunct size and focus-parallelism. Linguistic Analysis. vol. 40.
- (2015) Reanalysis as raising to object. Syntax. vol. 18.
- (2015) Future reference and epistemic modality in Hindi. Journal of South Asian Linguistics. vol. 7.
- (2015) Identifying the role of phonology in sentence-level reading. Journal of Memory and Language (Print). vol. 79-80.
- (2015) Relation-sensitive retrieval: Evidence from bound variable pronouns. Journal of Memory and Language (Print). vol. 82.
- (2014) Local anaphor licensing in an SOV language: Implications for retrieval strategies. Frontiers in Psychology. vol. 5.
Part of book/report
- (2013) Microvariation in Islands?. Experimental Syntax and Island Effects.