Background and activities
Researcher in internal combustion engines since 2012. Direct injection compression ignition and spray characterization experimentation development.
Area of work
· Compression ignition engine experimentation
· Optically accessible compression ignition environment design and development
· Biofuel use in engine
Skills and experience
· Engine testing
· Optical combustion experimentation
· Experiment design
· Emulsification of Diesel fuel
· Undergraduate BSc from Leeds University, Fuels and Combustion Science
· PGCE Keel University, qualified teacher status
· Masters at Queen Mary University of London, Renewable Energy Systems
· PhD at Queen Mary University of London, Diesel emulsion sprays
· Teacher of high school science at a number of UK schools
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Diffuse Back-Illuminated Extinction Imaging of Soot: Effects of Beam Steering and Flame Luminosity. SAE technical paper series. vol. 2019-January (January).
- (2016) Optical characterization of Diesel and water emulsion fuel injection sprays using shadowgraphy. Fuel. vol. 172.
- (2016) Stochastic reactor model aiding experimental HCCI engine operating on surrogate bio-producer gas. SAE technical paper series. vol. 2016-Octobeer.
- (2015) Hydraulic characterization of Diesel and water emulsions using momentum flux. Fuel. vol. 162.
- (2017) Arctic Biodiesel Performance and PM Number Emissions. COMODIA 2017 . JSME; Okayama. 2017-07-25 - 2017-07-28.