Background and activities
Researcher in internal combustion engines since 2012. Direct injection compression ignition and spray characterization experimentation development.
Area of work
· Compression ignition engine experimentation
· Optically accessible compression ignition environment design and development
· Biofuel use in engine
Skills and experience
· Engine testing
· Optical combustion experimentation
· Experiment design
· Emulsification of Diesel fuel
· Undergraduate BSc from Leeds University, Fuels and Combustion Science
· PGCE Keel University, qualified teacher status
· Masters at Queen Mary University of London, Renewable Energy Systems
· PhD at Queen Mary University of London, Diesel emulsion sprays
· Teacher of high school science at a number of UK schools
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Diffuse Back-Illuminated Extinction Imaging of Soot: Effects of Beam Steering and Flame Luminosity. SAE technical paper series. vol. 2019-January (January).
- (2019) Optical Measurements of In-Flame Soot in Compression-Ignited Methyl Ester Flames. Energy & Fuels. vol. 33.
- (2019) On soot sampling: Considerations when sampling for TEM imaging and differential mobility spectrometer. SAE technical paper series. vol. 2019:2019-24-0159 (September).
- (2019) Experimental Study of Ignition Delay, Combustion, and NO Emission Characteristics of Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil. SAE International Journal of Fuels and Lubricants. vol. 12 (1).
- (2017) Arctic Biodiesel Performance and PM Number Emissions. COMODIA 2017 . JSME; Okayama. 2017-07-25 - 2017-07-28.
- (2016) Stochastic Reactor Model Aiding Experimental HCCI Engine Operating on Surrogate Bio-Producer Gas. SAE.
- (2016) Stochastic reactor model aiding experimental HCCI engine operating on surrogate bio-producer gas. SAE technical paper series. vol. 2016-Octobeer.