Background and activities
Research interests: visual appearance, material appearance, translucency perception, computer graphics, human vision, image processing.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Exploring the role of caustics in translucency perception — An eye tracking approach. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology. vol. 34.
- (2022) The Impact of Optical and Geometrical Thickness on Perceived Translucency Differences. Journal of Perceptual Imaging (JPI). vol. 5.
- (2021) The Role of Subsurface Scattering in Glossiness Perception. ACM Transactions on Applied Perception. vol. 18 (3).
- (2021) Translucency perception: A review. Journal of Vision. vol. 21 (8:4).
- (2021) On the appearance of objects and materials: Qualitative analysis of experimental observations. Journal of the International Colour Association. vol. 27.
- (2021) Perceptual Navigation in Absorption-Scattering Space. Color and Imaging Conference (CIC).
- (2020) Color Naming and Communication of Color Appearance: Is it Different for Native Georgian Speakers?. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 2688.
- (2020) Caustics and Translucency Perception. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology.
- (2020) Image Statistics as Glossiness and Translucency Predictor in Photographs of Real-world Objects. CEUR Workshop Proceedings. vol. 2688.
- (2020) On the Nature of Perceptual Translucency. Proceedings of the Workshop on Material Appearance Modeling.
- (2019) Illuminance Impacts Opacity Perception of Textile Materials. Color and Imaging Conference (CIC). vol. 27.
- (2019) Material Appearance: Ordering and Clustering. IS&T International Symposium on Electronic Imaging Science and Technology.
- (2019) Perceived Glossiness: Beyond Surface Properties. Color and Imaging Conference (CIC). vol. 27.
- (2019) Impact of Shape on Apparent Translucency Differences. Color and Imaging Conference (CIC). vol. 27.
- (2018) Behavioral Investigation of Visual Appearance Assessment. Color and Imaging Conference (CIC).
- (2018) Blurring Impairs Translucency Perception. Color and Imaging Conference (CIC).
Part of book/report
- (2019) Measuring and Mitigating Speckle Noise in Dual-Axis Confocal Microscopy Images. 2019 15th International Conference on Signal-Image Technology & Internet-Based Systems (SITIS 2019).
- (2019) On the Acquisition and Reproduction of Material Appearance. Computational Color Imaging, 7th International Workshop, CCIW 2019.
- (2018) Comparison of Mosaic Patterns for Spectral Filter Arrays. 2018 Colour and Visual Computing Symposium (CVCS); 19th and 20th September, 2018, Gjøvik, Norway.
- (2021) On the Appearance of Translucent Objects: Perception and Assessment by Human Observers. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2021. ISBN 978-82-326-5981-4. Doctoral theses at NTNU;2021:16 (201).