Background and activities
Prof. De Chen has engaged into four research lines: 1) industrial catalysis, in particular for natural gas conversion, 2) DFT and microkinetic modeling of surface reactions and multiscale modeling, 3) catalysis for new technologies including CO2 capture and conversion, hydrogen technology and biomass conversion and 4) synthesis and applications of carbon nanomaterials in catalysis and energy storage. He participated more than 20 research projects, and coordinated more than 15 projects supported by KOSK, CLIMIT, RENERGI, Energix, GASSMAK, NANOMAT programs in Norwegian Research Council, national innovation centers, VISTA, and industries with a founding more than 88 000 000 kr in last 10 years. Currently he supervises 10 PhD students and 2 postdoc fellows in different projects within these four research areas.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Nitrogen-doped Carbon Nanofibers for the Oxygen Reduction Reaction: Importance of the Iron Growth Catalyst Phase. ChemCatChem. vol. 9 (9).
- (2017) Potassium adsorption behavior on hcp cobalt as model systems for the Fischer–Tropsch synthesis: a density functional theory study. Physical Chemistry, Chemical Physics - PCCP. vol. 19.
- (2017) Reaction mechanism and kinetics for hydrolytic dehydrogenation of ammonia borane on a Pt/CNT catalyst. AIChE Journal. vol. 63 (1).
- (2017) Simultaneously Enhanced Stability and Selectivity for Propene Epoxidation with H<sub>2</sub> and O<sub>2</sub> on Au Catalysts Supported on Nano-Crystalline Mesoporous TS-1. ACS Catalysis. vol. 7 (4).
- (2017) Porous carbon with small mesoporesas an ultra-high capacity adsorption medium. Applied Surface Science. vol. 420.
- (2017) Tuning the Electronic Properties of Single-Atom Pt Catalysts by Functionalization of the Carbon Support Material. Journal of Physical Chemistry C. vol. 121.
- (2017) Adsorption energy-driven carbon number-dependent olefin to paraffin ratio in cobalt-catalyzed Fischer-Tropsch synthesis. Journal of Catalysis. vol. 349.
- (2017) Understanding of potassium promoter effects on oxychlorination of ethylene by operando spatial-time resolved UV?vis?NIR spectrometry. Journal of Catalysis. vol. 352.
- (2017) Understanding of potassium promoter effects on oxychlorination of ethylene by operando spatial-time resolved UV–vis–NIR spectrometry. Journal of Catalysis. vol. 352.
- (2017) Novel Fe/MnK-CNTs nanocomposites as catalysts for direct production of lower olefins from syngas. AIChE Journal. vol. 63 (1).
- (2017) Steam methane reforming on a Ni-based bimetallic catalyst: Density functional theory and experimental studies of the catalytic consequence of surface alloying of Ni with Ag. Catalysis science & technology. vol. 7 (8).
- (2017) Enhancing capacitance of supercapacitor with both organic electrolyte and ionic liquid electrolyte on a biomass-derived carbon. RSC Advances. vol. 7 (38).
- (2016) Nitrogen-doped carbon nanofibers on expanded graphite as oxygen reduction electrocatalysts. Carbon. vol. 101.
- (2016) On the superior activity and selectivity of PtCo/Nb2O5 Fischer Tropsch catalysts. Journal of Catalysis. vol. 340.
- (2016) Understanding Co-Mo Catalyzed Ammonia Decomposition: Influence of Calcination Atmosphere and Identification of Active Phase. ChemCatChem. vol. 8 (5).
- (2016) Fabrication of K-promoted iron/carbon nanotubes composite catalysts for the Fischer-Tropsch synthesis of lower olefins. Journal of Energy Chemistry. vol. 25 (2).
- (2016) Effect of operating conditions on the sorption enhanced steam reforming of blends of acetic acid and acetone as bio-oil model compounds. Applied Energy. vol. 177.
- (2016) Thermal stability of TPA template and size-dependent selectivity of uncalcined TS-1 supported Au catalyst for propene epoxidation with H2 and O2. RSC Advances. vol. 6 (50).
- (2016) Au/TS-1 catalyst for propene epoxidation with H2/O2: A novel strategy to enhance stability by tuning charging sequence. AIChE Journal. vol. 62 (11).
- (2016) Production of fuel-cell grade H2 by sorption enhanced steam reforming of acetic acid as a model compound of biomass-derived bio-oil. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental. vol. 184.