Background and activities
Prof. De Chen has engaged into four research lines: 1) industrial catalysis, in particular for natural gas conversion, 2) DFT and microkinetic modeling of surface reactions and multiscale modeling, 3) catalysis for new technologies including CO2 capture and conversion, hydrogen technology and biomass conversion and 4) synthesis and applications of carbon nanomaterials in catalysis and energy storage. He participated more than 20 research projects, and coordinated more than 15 projects supported by KOSK, CLIMIT, RENERGI, Energix, GASSMAK, NANOMAT programs in Norwegian Research Council, national innovation centers, VISTA, and industries with a founding more than 88 000 000 kr in last 10 years. Currently he supervises 10 PhD students and 2 postdoc fellows in different projects within these four research areas.
- KP8136 - Modelling of Catalytic Reactions
- TKP4515 - Catalysis, Specialization Course
- TKP4580 - Chemical Engineering, Specialization Project
- TKP4110 - Chemical Reaction Engineering
- TKP4570 - Nanotechnology, Specialization Project
- TKP4581 - Chemical Engineering, Specialization Project
- TKP4905 - Nanotechnology, Master's Thesis
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Molecular-Level Insights into the Notorious CO Poisoning of Platinum Catalyst. Angewandte Chemie International Edition. vol. 61 (16).
- (2022) Boosting renewable hydrogen production from biomass wastes by sorption enhanced reforming. Huagong Jinzhan. vol. 41 (3).
- (2022) Dual Role of Pyridinic-N Doping in Carbon-Coated Ni Nanoparticles for Highly Efficient Electrochemical CO<inf>2</inf>Reduction to CO over a Wide Potential Range. ACS Catalysis. vol. 12 (2).
- (2022) Facet-Induced Strong Metal Chloride−Support Interaction over CuCl2/γ-Al2O3 Catalyst to Enhance Ethylene Oxychlorination Performance. ACS Catalysis. vol. 12.
- (2022) Microkinetic model validation for Fischer-Tropsch synthesis at methanation conditions based on steady state isotopic transient kinetic analysis. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry. vol. 105.
- (2022) A new approach of kinetic modeling: Kinetically consistent energy profile and rate expression analysis. Chemical Engineering Journal. vol. 444.
- (2022) PO<inf>4</inf><sup>3−</sup> Coordinated Robust Single-Atom Platinum Catalyst for Selective Polyol Oxidation**. Angewandte Chemie International Edition.
- (2022) On the ensemble requirement of fully selective chemical looping methane partial oxidation over La-Fe-based perovskites. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental. vol. 301.
- (2021) Research progress on catalyst for the synthesis of vinyl chloride monomer (VCM). Huagong Jinzhan. vol. 40 (4).
- (2021) Rational design of single-atom-doped Ga<inf>2</inf>O<inf>3</inf> catalysts for propane dehydrogenation: Breaking through volcano plot by lewis acid− Base interactions. ACS Catalysis. vol. 11 (9).
- (2021) Hierarchical trimetallic Co-Ni-Fe oxides derived from core-shell structured metal-organic frameworks for highly efficient oxygen evolution reaction. Applied Catalysis B: Environmental. vol. 287.
- (2021) Molecular-level insights into the electronic effects in platinum-catalyzed carbon monoxide oxidation. Nature Communications. vol. 12 (1).
- (2021) Kinetics decoupling activity and selectivity of Pt nanocatalyst for enhanced glycerol oxidation performance. AIChE Journal. vol. 67 (10).
- (2021) Engineering the efficient three-dimension hollow cubic carbon from vacuum residuum with enhanced mass transfer ability towards H<inf>2</inf>O<inf>2</inf> production. Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering. vol. 38.
- (2021) Autothermal Gas-Phase Oxidative Dehydrogenation of Ethane to Ethylene at Atmospheric Pressure. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research. vol. 60 (18).
- (2021) The preparation of three-dimensional binder-free polyaniline/aligned carbon nanotube on flexible etched Al foil substrate as high-performance pseudocapacitive cathode for nonaqueous lithium-ion capacitor. Journal of Energy Storage. vol. 33.
- (2021) Engineering Ru atomic structures toward enhanced kinetics of hydrogen generation. Chemical Engineering Science (CES). vol. 235.
- (2021) Renewable hydrogen production from biogas by sorption enhanced steam reforming (SESR): A parametric study. Energy. vol. 218.
- (2021) On the redox mechanism of low-temperature NH3-SCR over Cu-CHA: A combined experimental and theoretical study of the reduction half cycle. Angewandte Chemie International Edition. vol. 60 (13).
- (2021) Boost oxygen reduction reaction performance by tuning the active sites in Fe-N-P-C catalysts. Journal of Energy Chemistry. vol. 55.