Denis M. Becker
Background and activities
- AF3035 - Bachelor thesis - Business Analytics
- BØA2042 - Financial Modeling using Excel
- BØA2020 - Decision Modelling and Optimization
- AF3015 - Bachelor thesis - Financial Management
- BBAN3001 - Essentials of Business Analytics
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2022) Getting the valuation formulas right when it comes to annuities. Managerial Finance. vol. 48 (3).
- (2022) The financial challenges of hosting sports events: a problem of insufficient separation between decision-making and decision-control. European Sport Management Quarterly.
- (2021) The difference between Modigliani–Miller and Miles–Ezzell and its consequences for the valuation of annuities. Cogent Economics & Finance. vol. 9 (1).
- (2021) Day-ahead electricity price prediction applying hybrid models of LSTM-based deep learning methods and feature selection algorithms under consideration of market coupling. Energy. vol. 237.
- (2021) Why are major sports events trapped in the winner's curse? A case study of the 2017 World Road Cycling Championship. Sport, Business and Management.
- (2020) The translation between the required return on unlevered and levered equity for explicit cash flows and fixed debt financing. Managerial Finance.
- (2018) Optimisation approach to target costing under uncertainty with application to ICT-service. International Journal of Production Research. vol. 56 (5).
- (2018) Optimization-based profitability management tool for cloud broker. Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies. vol. 30 (1).
- (2017) The never-ending cost allocation puzzle – Treatment of Uncertainty and Risk. Cost Management. vol. 31 (3).
- (2013) Stochastic optimization on social networks with application to service pricing. Computational Management Science. vol. 11 (4).
Part of book/report
- (2017) Giret egenkapitalavkastningskrav for kontantstrømmer med begrenset levetid og gitt gjeldsfinansiering. Bred og spiss! NTNU Handelshøyskolen 50 år: En vitenskapelig jubileumsantologi.
- (2017) Kostnadsfordeling under usikkerhet og risiko eksemplifisert med aktivitetsbasert kalkulasjon. Bred og spiss! NTNU Handelshøyskolen 50 år: En vitenskapelig jubileumsantologi.
- (2015) GEARSHIFT: Guaranteeing availability requirements in SLAs using hybrid fault tolerance. 2015 IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM).
- (2011) Differentiated Service Pricing on Social Networks Using Stochastic Optimization. Proceedings — 2011 IEEE International Conference on Services Computing • SCC2011.
- (2018) Sykkel-VM 2017. Fra folkefest til økonomisk bakrus. 2018. ISBN 978-82-93719-00-7.