Donald M. Evans
Background and activities
My research focuses on the interactions of non-linear properties, such as those in ferroic systems, and emergent phenomena at reduce dimensionality, like enhance conductivity at ferroelectric domain walls. I use a range of experimental techniques to understand these phenomena, but I specialise in scanning probe microscopy.
Full list of publications can be found on my google scholar page:
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2019) Ferroelasticity, anelasticity and magnetoelastic relaxation in Co-doped iron pnictide: Ba(Fe0.957Co0.043)2As2. Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter. vol. 31.
- (2019) Strain relaxation behaviour of vortices in a multiferroic superconductor. Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter. vol. 31.
- (2019) FIB lift-out of conducting ferroelectric domain walls in hexagonal manganites. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 115 (12).
- (2019) Biocompatibility of (Ba,Ca)(Zr,Ti)O3 piezoelectric ceramics for bone replacement materials. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research. Part B - Applied biomaterials.
- (2018) Electronic bulk and domain wall properties in B-site doped hexagonal ErMnO3. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 97 (8).
- (2017) Nonequilibrium ferroelectric-ferroelastic 10 nm nanodomains: Wrinkles, period-doubling, and power-law relaxation. Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter. vol. 29 (30).
- (2013) Magnetic switching of ferroelectric domains at room temperature in multiferroic PZTFT. Nature Communications.