Background and activities
Structural characterization of molecules by NMR; Elucidation of structure–functional relationships; NMR metabolic profiling of samples; Bioprospecting studies.
2004 – 2011 - Associate Professor, Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Technology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology;
2011 – present – Professor, Department of Biotechnology, Faculty of Natural Sciences and Technology, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
Structural characterization of proteins and low molecular weight compounds using NMR;
Elucidation of structure–functional relationships within biomolecules using NMR;
NMR quantative metabolic profiling of liquids;
Statistical elaboration of the experimental data;
Elucidation of intermolecular interaction using NMR;
Structural Bioprospecting studies.
Biomolecular NMR, NMR metabolic profiling of liquids, Redox Biology, Proteomics, Metabolomics, Food-omics, Molecular and analytic characterization of biomolecules and processes, Bioprospecting, Statistical elaborattion of the data with the Principle Component Analysis; MALDI tof-tof mass-spectrometry.
2010-2017 - participant in the Research Council of Norway funded project “BioStruct”.
2013-2016 – partner in the EU FP7 supported KBBE collaborative research grant SUSMILK (Collaboration programm).
2014-2016 – partner in the ERA-NET (SUSFOOD) project BioSuck.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2018) Adaptions of Harvesting Methods and Concepts in order to Reduce Weeds on Agricultural Fields and to Gain Potentially a So Far Unexploited Biomass Feedstock. European biomass conference and exhibition proceedings. vol. 2018 (26).
- (2018) Development of a statistical model to detect quality and storage conditions of Atlantic salmon. Food Chemistry. vol. 258.
- (2018) Application of NMR Spectroscopy and Conventional Analytical Methods for the Assessment of Wastewater from Food Industry. Waste and Biomass Valorization.
- (2017) Evaluation of the potential of utilizing lactic acid bacteria and dairy wastewaters for methane production. Energy exploration & exploitation. vol. 35 (3).
- (2017) A Comparison Study on the Production and Recovery of Lactic Acid by Fermenting Dairy By-Products with P. acidilactici and Lb. delbrueckii spp. bulgaricus. Waste and Biomass Valorization.
- (2016) Quality changes of salmon by-products during storage: Assessment and quantification by NMR. Food Chemistry. vol. 211.
- (2015) NMR approach for monitoring post-mortem changes in Atlantic salmon fillets stored at 0 and 4 °c. Food Chemistry. vol. 184.
- (2014) Competitive cobalt for zinc substitution in mammalian methionine sulfoxide reductase B1 overexpressed in E. coli: Structural and functional insight. Journal of Biological Inorganic Chemistry. vol. 19 (1).
- (2013) SELENOPROTEINS − FROM STRUCTURE TO FUNCTION. Mikroèlementy v medicine. vol. 14 (4).
- (2012) Structural Insights into Interaction between Mammalian Methionine Sulfoxide Reductase B1 and Thioredoxin. Journal of Biomedicine and Biotechnology. vol. 2012.
- (2012) Structural Analysis of Glutaredoxin Domain of Mus musculus Thioredoxin Glutathione Reductase. PLOS ONE. vol. 7 (12).
- (2012) Kanamycin A: imine formation in aqueous solution. Journal of Physical Organic Chemistry. vol. 25 (12).
- (2012) 1H, 13C, and 15N NMR resonance assignments of reduced full length and shortened forms of the Grx domain of Mus musculus TGR. Biomolecular NMR Assignments. vol. 6 (1).
- (2011) Structural and biochemical analysis of mammalian methionine sulfoxide reductase B2. Proteins: Structure, Function, and Bioinformatics. vol. 79 (11).
- (2011) Interaction of selenoprotein W with 14-3-3 proteins: A computational approach. Journal of Proteome Research. vol. 10 (3).
- (2010) Insights into the Evolution of Macrolactam Biosynthesis through Cloning and Comparative Analysis of the Biosynthetic Gene Cluster for a Novel Macrocyclic Lactam, ML-449. Applied and Environmental Microbiology. vol. 76 (1).
- (2010) Insights into function, catalytic mechanism, and fold evolution of selenoprotein methionine sulfoxide reductase B1 through structural analysis. Journal of Biological Chemistry. vol. 285 (43).
- (2010) Nucleotide recognition by protonated aminoglycosides. Supramolecular chemistry (Print). vol. 22 (4).
- (2010) Protonation of kanamycin A: Detailing of thermodynamics and protonation sites assignment. Bioorganic chemistry (Print). vol. 38 (4-6).
- (2009) Biosynthesis of Macrolactam BE-14106 involves two distinct PKS systems and amino acid processing enzymes for generation of the aminoacyl starter unit. Chemistry and Biology. vol. 16 (10).