Egil Andreas Fors
Background and activities
Professor (MD/PhD) and specialist in general practice and psychiatry. Clinical physician chronic pain, chronic fatigue and complex symptom disorders.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Sick-listed workers’ experiences with motivational interviewing in the return to work process: a qualitative interview study. BMC Public Health. vol. 20 (276).
- (2020) Fibromyalgia 2016 criteria and assessments: comprehensive validation in a Norwegian population. Scandinavian Journal of Pain.
- (2020) Inpatient multimodal occupational rehabilitation reduces sickness absence among individuals with musculoskeletal and common mental health disorders: a randomized clinical trial. Scandinavian Journal of Work, Environment and Health.
- (2019) Immunopsychiatry in Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Clinical and Experimental Rheumatology. vol. 37 (1).
- (2019) Patients with Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome show increased hsCRP compared to healthy controls. Brain, behavior, and immunity. vol. 81.
- (2019) Neuropsychological dysfunction in chronic fatigue syndrome and the relation between objective and subjective findings. Neuropsychology. vol. 33 (5).
- (2019) The IASP classification of chronic pain for ICD-11: applicability in primary care. Pain. vol. 160 (1).
- (2018) Motivational interviewing in long-term sickness absence: study protocol of a randomized controlled trial followed by qualitative and economic studies. BMC Public Health. vol. 18 (756).
- (2018) Pilot field testing of the chronic pain classification for ICD-11: The results of ecological coding. BMC Public Health. vol. 18:1239.
- (2018) The acceptance and commitment therapy model in occupational rehabilitation of musculoskeletal and common mental disorders: a qualitative focus group study. Disability and Rehabilitation.
- (2018) Association between cytokines and psychiatric symptoms in chronic fatigue syndrome and healthy controls. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry.
- (2018) A Concurrent Cognitive Task Does Not Perturb Quiet Standing in Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Pain Research & Management. vol. 2018.
- (2018) Lower regulatory frequency for postural control in patients with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. PLOS ONE. vol. 13 (4).
- (2017) The effect of exercise on fatigue and physical functioning in breast cancer patients during and after treatment and at 6 months follow-up: A meta-analysis. Breast. vol. 33.
- (2017) Analyzing change processes resulting from a smartphone maintenance intervention based on acceptance and commitment therapy for women with chronic widespread pain. International Journal of Behavioral Medicine. vol. 24 (2).
- (2017) Gross and fine motor function in fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. Journal of Pain Research. vol. 10.
- (2016) Long-Term Changes in Musculoskeletal Pain Sites in the General Population: The HUNT Study. Journal of Pain. vol. 17 (11).
- (2016) Cognitive Interventions and Nutritional Supplements (The CINS Trial): A Randomized Controlled, Multicenter Trial Comparing a Brief Intervention with Additional Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Seal Oil, and Soy Oil for Sick-Listed Low Back Pain Patients. Spine. vol. 41 (20).
- (2016) Are persons with fibromyalgia or other musculoskeletal pain more likely to report hearing loss? A HUNT study. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 17 (477).
- (2014) Somatiske symptomer uten vesentlig medisinsk forklaring: Bakgrunn, nosologi og kliniske betraktninger med relevans for psykologer. Tidsskrift for Norsk Psykologforening. vol. 51 (5).