Background and activities
- Professor Marine Engineering
- Mathematical Modeling and simulation of machinery systems
- Modelling of physical systems using bond graph methodology
- Thermofluid and thermodynamic systems modeling
- Engineering dynamics and vibration, rotordynamics
- Internal combustion engines and engine auxilliary systems
- Marine Electric Hybrid Power Plants
- Distributed simulations and co-simulation
- TMR4275 Modeling, Simulation and Analysis of Dynamic Systems
- TMR4222 Marine Machinery and Maintenance
- TMR4310 Marine Technology - Machinery
- TMR4335 Marine Technology - Propulsion systems, safety and environment
- TMR21 Marine mechatronics (3.75 module)
- MR8405 Modeling and simulation of machinery systems (PhD-course)
- Industrial PhD-projects
- PhD-student Pramod Ghimire (Kongsberg Digital)
- SFI Smart Maritime (SmartMaritime)
- PdH-student Jørgen B Nielsen
- PhD-student Vladimir Krivipolianskij
- PhD-student Endre Sandvik (co-superviser)
- PostDoc Torstein Ingebrigtsen Bø
- One position open
- Virtual Prototyping of Marine Systems (ViProMa)
- PhD-student: Stian Skjong
- PostDoc Severin Sadjina
- D2V - Design to Verification of Control Systems for Safe and Energy-Efficient Ships with Hybrid Power Plants
- PhD-student Kevin Koosup Yum
- PhD-student Michel Rejani Miyazaki (co-supervisor)
- PhD-student Børge Rokseth (co-supervisor)
- LEEDS - Low Energy and Emission Design of Ships
- PhD-student Dig Vijay Singh
- PhD-student Thorat Laxminarayan (co-supervisor)
- Vessel Power Systems Design Decision Support using advanced Mathematical Modelling analysis
- PhD-student Anna Swider (industrial PhD-student)
- Heave compensatin crane modeling and design
- PhD-student Chu Yingguang
- Bond graphs in rotordynamics
- No positions available currently
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Dynamics of luffing motion of a flexible knuckle boom crane actuated by hydraulic cylinders. Mechanism and Machine Theory. vol. 143.
- (2020) Operational sea passage scenario generation for virtual testing of ships using an optimization for simulation approach. Journal of Marine Science and Technology.
- (2020) Unburned Hydrocarbon Formation in a Natural Gas Engine Under Sea Wave Load Conditions. Journal of Marine Science and Technology.
- (2020) On the modeling of rotors with rolling element bearings using bond graph. Journal of Sound and Vibration. vol. 473.
- (2019) Model Predictive Control of Marine Power Plants with Gas Engines and Battery. IEEE Access. vol. 7.
- (2019) Shipboard Electric Power Conversion: System Architecture, Applications, Control, and Challenges. IEEE Electrification Magazine. vol. 7 (4).
- (2019) A system approach to selective catalytic reduction deNOx monolithic reactor modelling using bond graphs. Journal of Engineering for the Maritime Environment (Part M). vol. 233 (2).
- (2019) Impact of simulation model fidelity and simulation method on ship operational performance evaluation in sea passage scenarios. Ocean Engineering. vol. 188.
- (2019) Improving pre-turbine selective catalytic reduction systems in marine two-stroke diesel engines using hybrid turbocharging: A numerical study of selective catalytic reduction operation range and system fuel efficiency. Journal of Engineering for the Maritime Environment (Part M).
- (2019) Distributed Co-Simulation of Maritime Systems and Operations. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 141 (1).
- (2019) Energy conservation and coupling error reduction in non-iterative co-simulations. Engineering with Computers.
- (2019) On the numerical stability in dynamical distributed simulations. Mathematics and Computers in Simulation. vol. 163.
- (2019) Application of data-driven models in the analysis of marine power systems. Applied Ocean Research. vol. 92.
- (2019) Comparison of Delayless Digital Filtering Algorithms and Their Application to Multi-Sensor Signal Processing. Transactions of the Institute of Measurement and Control. vol. 41 (8).
- (2019) Data-Driven Methodology for the Analysis of Operational Profile and the Quantification of Electrical Power Variability on Marine Vessels. IEEE Transactions on Power Systems. vol. 34 (2).
- (2019) Model Reduction through Machine Learning Tools Using Simulation Data with High Variance. ISOPE - International Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference. Proceedings.
- (2018) Computational Fluid Dynamics Simulations of Nonlinear Sloshing in a Rotating Rectangular Tank Using the Level Set Method. Journal of Offshore Mechanics and Arctic Engineering. vol. 140 (6).
- (2018) On the modelling of heat exchangers and heat exchanger network dynamics using bond graphs. Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Dynamical Systems. vol. 24 (6).
- (2018) Main bearings in large offshore wind turbines: development trends, design and analysis requirements. Journal of Physics: Conference Series. vol. 1037 (4).
- (2017) Modeling of Generic Offshore Vessel in Crane Operations With Focus on Strong Rigid Body Connections. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering. vol. 42 (4).