Background and activities
Researcher Einar Vedul-Kjelsås, dr.philos has his background from sport sciences, and received his PhD on eating disorders and physical activity.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) One‐year aerobic interval training in outpatients with schizophrenia : a randomized controlled trial. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. vol. 30 (12).
- (2020) Strength training restores force‐generating capacity in patients with schizophrenia. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports.
- (2019) Aerobic interval training in standard treatment of out-patients with schizophrenia - a randomized controlled trial. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica. vol. 140 (6).
- (2019) A comprehensive cardiovascular disease risk profile in patients with schizophrenia. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. vol. 29 (4).
- (2019) An epidemiological study on the prevalence of hallucinations in a general-population sample: Effects of age and sensory modality. Psychiatry Research. vol. 272.
- (2019) Patients with schizophrenia have impaired muscle force-generating capacity and functional performance. Scandinavian Journal of Medicine & Science in Sports. vol. 29 (12).
- (2017) Do adverse life events at first onset of auditory verbal hallucinations influence subsequent voice characteristics? Results from an epidemiological study. Psychiatry Research. vol. 261.
- (2017) Cardiovascular Disease Risk Profile in Patients with Schizophrenia. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 49.
- (2017) Strength Training In Patients With Schizophrenia: Effects On Muscle Force Generating Capacity. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise. vol. 49.
- (2015) Prevalence of auditory verbal hallucinations in a general population: A group comparison study. Scandinavian Journal of Psychology. vol. 56 (5).
- (2014) High aerobic intensity training and psychological states in patients with depression or schizophrenia. Frontiers in Psychiatry. vol. 5.
- (2014) Differences in aerobic fitness between inpatients and outpatients with severe mental disorders. Frontiers in Psychiatry. vol. 5.
- (2013) The role of the primary auditory cortex in the neural mechanism of auditory verbal hallucinations. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience. vol. 7:144.
- (2013) Health-Related Quality of Life in Obese Presurgery Patients with and without Binge Eating Disorder, and Subdiagnostic Binge Eating Disorders. Journal of Obesity. vol. 2013.
- (2012) Depression, anxiety, and neuroticism in obese patients waiting for bariatric surgery: Differences between patients with and without eating disorders and subthreshold binge eating disorders. Obesity Research and Clinical Practice. vol. 6 (2).
- (2010) Prevalence of all relevant eating disorders in patients waiting for bariatric surgery: A comparison between patients with and without eating disorders. Eating and Weight Disorders. vol. 15 (4).
- (2009) Bariatric surgery or lifestyle intervention? An exploratory study of severely obese patients' motivation for two different treatments. Obesity Research and Clinical Practice. vol. 3 (4).
- (2008) Cognitive Behavior Therapy: 40 Years of Progress. Seminar and Festschrift in honor of Prof. K Gunnar Götestam June 12th-13th, 2008, Britannia Hotel, Trondheim, Norway. Nordic Journal of Psychiatry : Supplement. vol. 62.
- (2008) SYMPOSIUM A8: Understanding and treating eating disorders. THE PREVALENCE OF OVERWEIGHT, OBESITY AND EATING DISORDERS IN MEN. RELATIONSHIP TO PHYSICAL ACTIVITY. 38th EABCT Annual Congress - Abstracts.
- (2008) The relationship between eating disorders, physical activity and obesity in women and men - an epidemiological study in Norway. European psychiatry. vol. 23.