Background and activities
Eirik Resch is a Ph.D. Candidate at the Research Centre for Zero Emission Neighborhoods in Smart Cities (FME-ZEN) at NTNU in Trondheim, Norway and at the Technical University of Denmark (DTU) at the Department of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science.
Resch holds the degrees B.Sc. in Physics and M.Sc. in Industrial Ecology from NTNU, where he graduated in spring 2016.
His research is focused around the sustainability of urban areas with a special focus on buildings in a lifecycle perspective. This includes, among other things, developing methodologies for data-driven early-phase assessment of embodied greenhouse gas emissions.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Temporal analysis of the material flows and embodied greenhouse gas emissions of a neighborhood building stock. Journal of Industrial Ecology.
- (2020) Embodied emission profiles of building types: Guidance for emission reduction in the early phases of construction projects. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 410 (1).
- (2020) An analytical method for evaluating and visualizing embodied carbon emissions of buildings. Building and Environment. vol. 168.
- (2019) Visualisation of KPIs in zero emission neighbourhoods for improved stakeholder participation using Virtual Reality. IOP Conference Series: Earth and Environmental Science (EES). vol. 323.
- (2018) A Database Tool for Systematic Analysis of Embodied Emissions in Buildings and Neighborhoods. Buildings. vol. 8 (106).
- (2017) The Role of Utility Companies In Municipal Planning of Smart Energy Communities. International Journal of Sustainable Development and Planning (IJSDP). vol. 13 (4).
- (2016) Impact of urban density and building height on energy use in cities. Energy Procedia. vol. 96.
Part of book/report
- (2017) Current Challenges of Urban Energy Planning in a Norwegian Municipality. Proceedings of World Sustainable Built Environment Conference 2017 Hong Kong. Transforming Our Built Environment through Innovation and Integration: Putting Ideas into Action. WSBE17.
- (2020) KLIMAGASSKRAV TIL MATERIALBRUK I BYGNINGER. Utvikling av grunnlag for å sette absolutte krav til klimagassutslipp fra materialbruk i norske bygninger. SINTEF akademisk forlag. 2020. ISBN 978-82-536-1664-3. ZEN Report (24).
- (2019) User-oriented LCA database for inventory of ZEN projects. SINTEF akademisk forlag. 2019. ZEN Memo (17).