Background and activities
Doctor and PhD-student. Focus on inflammation and how crystalline material activate the immune system.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Examining the educational impact of the mini-CEX: a randomised controlled study. BMC Medical Education. vol. 21.
- (2019) Improving assessment quality in professional higher education: Could external peer review of items be the answer?. Cogent Medicine. vol. 6 (1).
- (2015) Reconstituted high-density lipoprotein attenuates cholesterol crystal-induced inflammatory responses by reducing complement activation. Journal of Immunology. vol. 195 (1).
- (2014) Cholesterol crystals induce complement-dependent inflammasome activation and cytokine release. Journal of Immunology. vol. 192 (6).
- (2013) Cholesterol crystals activate the complement system and are phagocytosed in a complement-dependent manner. Molecular Immunology. vol. 56 (3).
- (2013) Cholesterol crystals induce inflammasome activation and cytolcine release in a complement-dependent manner. Molecular Immunology. vol. 56 (3).
- (2012) Complement dependency of cholesterol crystal-induced inflammation - I. Pathway activation mechanisms, cytokine responses and endothelial cell activation. Immunobiology. vol. 217 (11).
- (2012) Complement dependency of cholesterol crystal-induced inflammation - II. Inflammasome activation and regulation mechanisms involving reconstituted high density lipoprotein (HDL) and C-reactive protein (CRP). Immunobiology. vol. 217 (11).
- (2010) The Rab11a GTPase Controls Toll-like Receptor 4-Induced Activation of Interferon Regulatory Factor-3 on Phagosomes. Immunity. vol. 33 (4).
- (2008) Silica crystals and aluminum salts activate the NALP3 inflammasome through phagosomal destabilization. Nature Immunology. vol. 9 (8).
- (2015) Molecular Mechanisms of NLRP3 Inflammasome activation by Crystalline Material. 2015. ISBN 978-82-326-0706-8.
- (2014) En fornyet og fremtidsrettet legeutdanning ved NTNU (Forfatterlisten er alfabetisk). 2014.