Background and activities
My research interests include numerical optimization algorithm, systems and control, embedded systems design, and software development. I am interested in applying efficient numerical methods for systems and control applications. I am now a postdoctoral researcher at Process Control group under the supervisor Associate Prof. Johannes Jäschke.
I obtained my PhD degree from Department of Engineering Cybernetics - NTNU in 2012. My PhD project was on gradient-based optimization methods for large-scale system (see publication below). I got my master and bachelor degrees from Departement of Electrical Engineering at Bandung Institute of Technology in 2002 and 2004, respectively. In between my academia years, I worked as IT consultant for SAP projects and embedded software developer for subsea control systems (mostly developing data communication protocol stacks of subsea sensors).
In my spare time, I enjoy doing volunteer activities and contemplative practices. Also, I like to do DIY-projects.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Sensitivity-Based Economic NMPC with a Path-Following Approach. Processes. vol. 5 (8).
- (2015) A mean-variance objective for robust production optimization in uncertain geological scenarios. Journal of Petroleum Science and Engineering. vol. 125.
- (2014) Adjoint-based surrogate optimization of oil reservoir water flooding. Optimization and Engineering. vol. 16 (2).
- (2013) Waterflooding optimization in uncertain geological scenarios. Computational Geosciences. vol. 17 (6).
- (2012) Nonlinear output constraints handling for production optimization of oil reservoirs. Computational Geosciences. vol. 16 (2).
- (2011) A Lagrangian-barrier function for adjoint state constraints optimization of oil reservoirs water flooding. I E E E Conference on Decision and Control. Proceedings.
- (2011) Second-order adjoint-based control for multiphase flow in subsurface oil reservoirs. I E E E Conference on Decision and Control. Proceedings.
- (2010) A Lagrangian-Barrier Function for Adjoint State Constraints Optimization of Oil Reservoirs Water Flooding. Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Decision & Control, including the Symposium on Adaptive Processes.
- (2010) Second-Order Adjoint-Based Control for Multiphase Flow in Subsurface Oil Reservoirs. Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Decision & Control, including the Symposium on Adaptive Processes.
Part of book/report
- (2010) The Norne Field Case - A Unique Comparative Case Study. 2010 SPE Intelligent Energy Conference & Exhibition: Delivering Value - Creating Opportunities.
- (2010) Nonlinear Output Constraints Handling for Production Optimization for Oil Reservoirs. Proceedings / IEEE/RSJ 2010 International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS 2010).
- (2009) On State Constraints of Adjoint Optimization in Oil Reservoir Waterflooding. Proceeding of 2009 SPE/EAGE Reservoir Characterization & Simulation Conference "Overcoming Modeling Challenges to Optimize Recovery".
- (2012) Gradient-based Methods for Production Opimization of Oil Reservoirs. Norges teknisk-naturvitenskapelige universitet. 2012. ISBN 978-82-471-3485-6. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (104).