Background and activities
BSOL4005 - Advanced Organization Theory, TBS
- TIØ4170 Technology based business development (2015), IØT and NTNUs School of Entrepreneurship.
-Organizational Theory and Project Administration , HiST, AFT
Current research interests:
- the role of the board of directors and top management teams in high-tech start-ups, including academic spin-offs and venture capital backed firms,
- growth of clean-tech start-ups,
- networking, internationalization, financing, innovation and policies related to new venture growth.
Publications / rewards:
Ekaterina has published her research in Long Range Planning, Journal of Business Venturing, Journal of Technology Transfer, Journal of International Entrepreneurship and in international books. Her conference paper has been recognized as the Academy of Management Best Paper Proceedings in San-Antonio, Texas in 2011.
Prior working experience:
- Post Doc, Dept. of Industrial Economics and Technology Management, NTNU
- Senior Researcher, NIFU Nordic Institute for Studies in Innovation, Research and Education, Oslo.
- Ph.D., Dept. of Industrial Economics and Technology Management, NTNU
Short version: http://brage.bibsys.no/xmlui/handle/11250/148904
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) The Impact of Top Management Team Characteristics and Board Service Involvement on Team Effectiveness in High-Tech Start-Ups. Long range planning. vol. 49 (4).
- (2015) Joining forces: Top Management Team and Board Chair Characteristics as Antecedents of Board Service Involvement. Journal of Business Venturing. vol. 30 (3).
- (2014) Factors Affecting the Development of Clean-tech Start-Ups: A Literature Review. Energy Procedia. vol. 58.
- (2013) Board Strategic Involvement in Early Stage High Tech Firms: An Attention Based Perspective. Academy of Management. Annual Meeting Proceedings.
- (2012) The role of the entrepreneurial team and the board of directors in the internationalization of academic spin-offs. Journal of International Entrepreneurship. vol. 10 (4).
- (2012) Examining competence factors that encourage innovative behaviour by European higher education graduate professionals. Journal of Small Business and Enterprise Development. vol. 19 (3).
- (2012) JOINING FORCES: BOARD CHAIR AND TMT CHARACTERISTICS AS ANTECEDENTS FOR BOARD STRATEGIC INVOLVEMENT (SUMMARY). Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research. vol. 32 (11).
- (2011) Styret som ressurs og ressursene i styret. Magma - Tidsskrift for økonomi og ledelse. vol. 14 (7).
- (2010) Exploring board formation and evolution of board composition in academic spin-offs. Journal of Technology Transfer. vol. 35 (1).
Part of book/report
- (2017) Research on boards of directors in high-tech start-ups: An assessment and suggestions for future research. Handbook of Research on Corporate Governance and Entrepreneurship.
- (2015) Exploring Antecedents and Impact of Board Effectiveness in Clean-Tech Enterprises. Studies in Public and Non-Profit Governance.
- (2014) Én av fire eller én av femti? Utbredelse av entreprenørskapstilbud i høyere utdanning. Entreprenørskapsutdanning i Norge: Tilnærminger, utbredelse og effekter.
- (2011) Venture-kapital i kunnskapsintensive foretak. Det norske forsknings- og innovasjonssystemet - statistikk og indikatorer 2011.
- (2010) Board features associated with new team member addition in academic spin-offs. The Life cycle of new ventures.
- (2010) Design characteristics associated with venture capital acquisitions in academic spin-offs. The Life cycle of new ventures.
- (2011) Entreprenørskap i høyere utdanning – en kartlegging av omfang og innhold. 2011. ISBN 978-82-7218-753-7. NIFU-rapport (17).
- (2011) Evaluering av handlingsplanen for mer entreprenørskap blant kvinner. 2011. ISBN 978-82-7218-757-5. NIFU-rapport (20).
- (2011) Høyvekstforetak - utfordringer, behov og virkemidler: En analyse gjennomført for Innovasjon Norge. 2011. ISBN 978-82-7218-789-6. NIFU-rapport (36).
- (2010) The role of the top management team and board in academic spin-offs. 2010.
- (2010) Evaluering av nyvekst. 2010. NIFU STEP rapport (26).