Background and activities
Key qualifications/Fields of research:Marine aquaculture:
- Larval rearing and marine juvenile production
- Developmental biology and ecology of early life history of marine fishes
- Egg and larval quality in fish
- Nutrition and digestive mechanisms in fish larvae
- Utilization of new marine bioresources
- Histology and ultrastructure
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2016) Microbial maturation of intake water at different carrying capacities affects microbial control in rearing tanks for marine fish larvae. Aquaculture. vol. 457.
- (2016) Interactive effects of dietary composition and hormonal treatment on reproductive development of cultured female European eel, Anguilla anguilla. Animal Reproduction Science. vol. 171.
- (2016) Quality of Atlantic Cod Frozen in Cell Alive System, Air-Blast, and Cold Storage Freezers. Journal of Aquatic Food Product Technology. vol. 25 (7).
- (2016) Allometric growth and development of organs in ballan wrasse (Labrus bergylta Ascanius, 1767) larvae in relation to different live prey diets and growth rates. Biology Open. vol. 5 (9).
- (2016) Skeletal muscle growth dynamics and the influence of first-feeding diet in Atlantic cod larvae (Gadus morhua L.). Biology Open. vol. 5 (11).
- (2015) 1H NMR metabolic profiling of cod (Gadus morhua) larvae: potential effects of temperature and diet composition during early developmental stages. Biology Open. vol. 4 (12).
- (2015) Copepods enhance nutritional status, growth and development in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua L.) larvae – can we identify the underlying factors?. PeerJ. vol. 3 (e902).
- (2015) Manipulation of the fatty acid composition of phosphatidylcholine and phosphatidylethanolamine in rotifers Brachionus Nevada and Brachionus Cayman. Aquaculture Nutrition. vol. 21 (1).
- (2015) Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) larvae can biosynthesis phospholipid de novo from 2-oleoyl-glycerol and glycerol precursors. Fish Physiology & Biochemistry. vol. 42 (1).
- (2015) Gene regulation of lipid and phospholipid metabolism in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) larvae. Comparative Biochemistry and Physiology - Part B: Biochemistry & Molecular Biology. vol. 190.
- (2015) Use of the microalga Pavlova viridis as enrichment product for the feeding of Atlantic cod larvae (Gadus morhua). Aquaculture. vol. 438.
- (2015) Effect of cultivated copepods (Acartia tonsa) in first-feeding of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) and ballan wrasse (Labrus bergylta) larvae. Aquaculture Nutrition. vol. 23 (1).
- (2014) DHA content in dietary phospholipids affects DHA content in phospholipids of cod larvae and larval performance. Aquaculture. vol. 428-429.
- (2013) A study of the ice crystals in vacuum-packed salmon fillets (salmon salar) during superchilling process and following storage. Journal of Food Engineering. vol. 115 (1).
- (2013) The effect of cooling rates on the ice crystal growth in air-packed salmon fillets during superchilling and superchilled storage. International journal of refrigeration. vol. 36 (1).
- (2013) Ice crystal development in pre-rigor Atlantic salmon fillets during superchilling process and following storage. Food Control. vol. 31 (2).
- (2013) Gene regulation of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) larvae with focus on lipid digestion and phospholipid metabolism. Communications in agricultural and applied biological sciences. vol. 78 (4).
- (2012) Evaluation of egg quality in broodstock cobia Rachycentron canadum L. Aquaculture Research. vol. 43 (3).
- (2012) Seasonal reproductive cycle of Waigieu seaperch (Psammoperca waigiensis). Aquaculture Research. vol. 43 (6).
- (2011) The influence of dietary constituents on the molecular ontogeny of digestive capability and effects on growth and appetite in Atlantic cod larvae (Gadus morhua). Aquaculture. vol. 315 (1-2).