Background and activities
I am an advisor in the student and academic section of the Faculty of Natural Sciences (NV), where I will be the leave replacement for Ida Ulseth through the end of July 2021.
Areas of responsibility:
- Offering support in educational services to members of the faculty by:
- Distributing resources about Inspera Assessment, Blackboard, and other digital tools used by NV
- Giving presentations to lecturers and researchers at NV about methods and tools used for online teaching and assessment at NTNU
- Facilitating projects in teaching and education by:
- Distributing grant program announcements from DIKU (including the Norwegian Centres for Excellence in Education [SFU] program) and NTNU (including the Toppundervisning program)
- Offering support with applications and projects
- Following up about ongoing and completed projects
- Developing an infrastructure at NV (seminars, internal application processes, etc.) to support the submission of successful SFU applications
- Participating in the following committees and fora:
- Læringsnettverket (Learning Network)
- NV Instituttkonsulentforum
- Forum for Innovative Education
- SEED (Center for Science and Engineering Education Development)
- PhD, Linguistics, 2016. University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- BA, Linguistics and Chinese, 2009. Swarthmore College.
- Postdoctor in linguistics (research and teaching) at the University of Gothenburg, Septemer 2016-March 2020.
- Postdoctor in linguistics (research) at Simon Fraser University, September 2015-August 2016.
- Research and teacher at University of Massachusettes Amherst, August 2009-September 2015.
- Researcher and teacher at the Navajo Language Academy, July 2008-2018.