Ellen Marie Bardal
Background and activities
Study programme leader for the Bachelor programme in Human Movement Science at Department of Neuromedicine and Movement Science. I am teaching in several courses at the bachelor education in Human Movement Science.
Researcher in the Musculoskeletal research group at Department of Public Health and Nursing. My research focus on muskuloskeletal pain and objective measurements of physical activity. I am participating in several large scale studies, incuding selfBACK, Back-UP and HUNT4.
Fields of interest
Measurement of physical activity, musculoskeletal disorders, public health, neuromuscular control and exercise physiology
PhD in Health Science, NTNU
Title: Characteristics of physical- and motor- performance in fibromyalgia
Master in Human Movement Science, NTNU
Title: An environment-controlled comparison of ankle kinematics between treadmill and overground walking.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Metabolic rate and muscle activation level when wearing state-of-the-art cold-weather protective clothing during level and inclined walking. Applied Ergonomics. vol. 82.
- (2018) Lower limb muscle fatigue during walking in children with cerebral palsy. Developmental Medicine & Child Neurology. vol. 61 (2).
- (2018) Eldre og exergaming – hvordan beveger de seg egentlig?. Fysioterapeuten. vol. 9.
- (2017) Reliability of gait speed in children - effects of instruction, distance and age. Gait & Posture.
- (2017) Increased gait variability during 5-min walking in children with cerebral palsy (CP) detected with on the feet placed accelerometers. Gait & Posture. vol. 7.
- (2016) The use of activity monitors for the estimation of energy expenditure during walking in children with cerebral palsy. Gait & Posture. vol. 49.
- (2016) Micro movements of the upper limb in fibromyalgia: The relation to proprioceptive accuracy and visual feedback. Journal of Electromyography & Kinesiology. vol. 26.
- (2016) Identification of physical behavior in children. Do we need age-specific classification algorithms?. Gait & Posture. vol. 49.
- (2016) Detection of physical activity types with accelerometers in adolescents in free-living settings. Gait & Posture. vol. 49.
- (2015) Aerobic and cardiovascular autonomic adaptations to moderate intensity endurance exercise in patients with fibromyalgia. Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. vol. 47 (7).
- (2014) Sleep problems, exercise and obesity and risk of chronic musculoskeletal pain: The Norwegian HUNT study. European Journal of Public Health. vol. 24 (6).
- (2013) Metabolic rate, cardiac response, and aerobic capacity in fibromyalgia: A case-control study. Scandinavian Journal of Rheumatology. vol. 42 (5).
- (2012) Upper limb position control in fibromyalgia. BMC Musculoskeletal Disorders. vol. 13 (186).