Background and activities
I study how magnetism can be controlled in complex oxide materials. In particular, I investigate the possibility to tailor the properties of ferro- and antiferromagnets by thin film epitaxy and nanopatterning. Currently, I explore the use of domain engineered nanomagnets in novel ultra-low energy magnetic logic.
Working with research questions at the intersection of physics, material science, and computer science, I collaborate with research groups in Norway, Belgium, USA, United Kingdom, and Switzerland. I am also an active user on several synchrotron facilities (ALS, SLS, BESSY).
- Domain engineering in complex oxides
- Antiferromagnetic spintronics
- Nanomagnetic logic (NML)
- Artificial Spin Ice
- Magnetic domain imaging (X-PEEM, MFM, STXM)
- Nanofabrication (EBL, FIB, Ion patterning)
- TFE4146 Semiconductor Devices
- TFE4172 Introduction to Semiconductor Devices
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) Magnetic domain configuration of (111)-oriented LaFeO3 epitaxial thin films. APL Materials. vol. 5 (8).
- (2017) Temperature and Orientation Dependent Exchange Coupling in Epitaxial Oxide Micromagnets. PHYSICAL REVIEW MATERIALS. vol. 1.
- (2017) Tailoring the magnetic order in a supermagnetic metamaterial. AIP Advances. vol. 7 (5).
- (2016) Tailoring Spin Textures in Complex Oxide Micromagnets. ACS Nano. vol. 10 (9).
- (2015) Controlling the switching field in nanomagnets by means of domain-engineered antiferromagnets. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 92 (9).
- (2015) Crystalline symmetry controlled magnetic switching in epitaxial (111) La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 thin films. APL Materials. vol. 3 (6).
- (2013) Spin-Flop Coupling and Exchange Bias in Embedded Complex Oxide Micromagnets. Physical Review Letters. vol. 111 (10).
- (2012) Consequences of High Adatom Energy during Pulsed Laser Deposition of La0.7Sr0.3MnO3. Crystal Growth & Design. vol. 12 (2).
- (2012) Crossover from spin-flop coupling to collinear spin alignment in antiferromagnetic/ferromagnetic thin film nanostructures. Nano letters (Print). vol. 12 (5).
- (2012) X-PEEM study of antiferromagnetic domain patterns in LaFeO3 thin films and embedded nanostructures. Journal of Electron Spectroscopy and Related Phenomena. vol. 185 (10).
- (2011) Structural coupling across the LaAlO3/SrTiO3 interface: High-resolution x-ray diffraction study. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 84 (20).
- (2011) Effects of nanostructuring and substrate symmetry on antiferromagnetic domain structure in LaFeO3 thin films. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 84 (22).
- (2010) Antiferromagnetic Domain Reconfiguration in Embedded LaFeO3 Thin Film Nanostructures. Nano letters (Print). vol. 10 (11).
- (2010) Growth and characterization of (Pb,La)(Zr,Ti)O-3 thin film epilayers on SrTiO3-buffered Si(001). Thin Solid Films. vol. 518 (19).
- (2010) Long-range spontaneous structural ordering in barium stannate thin films. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 97 (8).