Background and activities
I study how magnetism can be controlled in complex oxide materials. In particular, I investigate the possibility to tailor the properties of ferro- and antiferromagnets by thin film epitaxy and nanopatterning. Currently, I explore the use of domain engineered nanomagnets in novel ultra-low energy magnetic logic.
Working with research questions at the intersection of physics, material science, and computer science, I collaborate with research groups in Norway, Belgium, USA, United Kingdom, and Switzerland. I am also an active user on several synchrotron facilities (ALS, SLS, BESSY).
- Domain engineering in complex oxides
- Antiferromagnetic spintronics
- Nanomagnetic logic (NML)
- Artificial Spin Ice
- Magnetic domain imaging (X-PEEM, MFM, STXM)
- Nanofabrication (EBL, FIB, Ion patterning)
- TFE4146 Semiconductor Devices
- TFE4172 Introduction to Semiconductor Devices
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Anisotropy and domain formation in a dipolar magnetic metamaterial. Applied Physics Letters.
- (2020) Direct observation of temperature dependent vortex dynamics in a La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 micromagnet. Physical Review Research (PRResearch). vol. 2 (4).
- (2020) Direct imaging of long-range ferromagnetic and antiferromagnetic order in a dipolar metamaterial. Physical Review Research (PRResearch). vol. 2 (1).
- (2020) flatspin: A Large-Scale Artificial Spin Ice Simulator. arXiv.org.
- (2020) Enhanced magnetic signal along edges of embedded epitaxial La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 nanostructures. Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials. vol. 521 (1).
- (2020) Exchange explosions of topological edge defects in a square micromagnet. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 101 (1).
- (2019) Shape-imposed anisotropy in antiferromagnetic complex oxide nanostructures. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 115 (11).
- (2019) Neel vector reorientation in ferromagnetic/antiferromagnetic complex oxide nanostructures. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 114 (19).
- (2019) Coexisting spin-flop coupling and exchange bias in LaFeO3/La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 heterostructures. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 99 (13).
- (2019) Effects of lattice geometry on the dynamic properties of dipolar-coupled magnetic nanodisk arrays. Physical review B (PRB). vol. 99 (064418).
- (2018) Magnetic domain formation in ultrathin complex oxide ferromagnetic/antiferromagnetic bilayers. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 113 (13).
- (2018) Interplay between bulk and edge-bound topological defects in a square micromagnet. Applied Physics Letters. vol. 112 (4).
- (2017) Magnetic domain configuration of (111)-oriented LaFeO3 epitaxial thin films. APL Materials. vol. 5 (8).
- (2017) Temperature and Orientation Dependent Exchange Coupling in Epitaxial Oxide Micromagnets. PHYSICAL REVIEW MATERIALS. vol. 1.
- (2017) Tailoring the magnetic order in a supermagnetic metamaterial. AIP Advances. vol. 7 (5).
- (2016) Tailoring Spin Textures in Complex Oxide Micromagnets. ACS Nano. vol. 10 (9).
- (2015) Controlling the switching field in nanomagnets by means of domain-engineered antiferromagnets. Physical Review B. Condensed Matter and Materials Physics. vol. 92 (9).
- (2015) Crystalline symmetry controlled magnetic switching in epitaxial (111) La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 thin films. APL Materials. vol. 3 (6).
- (2013) Spin-Flop Coupling and Exchange Bias in Embedded Complex Oxide Micromagnets. Physical Review Letters. vol. 111 (10).
- (2012) Consequences of High Adatom Energy during Pulsed Laser Deposition of La0.7Sr0.3MnO3. Crystal Growth & Design. vol. 12 (2).