Background and activities
Working 50% as a post doc at the CIUS project and 50% as a researcher at SINTEF Medical Technology.
Primary research interests
- Image segmentation
- Machine learning and neural networks
- Parallel and GPU processing
If you are interested in the same topics, please don't hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See my personal webpage www.eriksmistad.no for more information about my research.
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2017) MIIP: A web-based platform for medical image interpretation training and evaluation focusing on ultrasound. Progress in Biomedical Optics and Imaging. vol. 10138.
- (2017) Automatic Segmentation and Probe Guidance for Real-Time Assistance of Ultrasound-Guided Femoral Nerve Blocks. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology. vol. 43 (1).
- (2017) 2D left ventricle segmentation using deep learning. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium.
- (2017) Real-time classification of standard cardiac views in echocardiography using neural networks. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium.
- (2016) Standardized Evaluation System for Left Ventricular Segmentation Algorithms in 3D Echocardiography. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. vol. 35 (4).
- (2016) Reconstruction of In Vivo Flow Velocity Fields Based On a Rapid Ultrasound Image Segmentation and B-spline Regularization Framework. Proceedings - IEEE Ultrasonics Symposium. vol. 2016-November.
- (2016) Real-Time Automatic Artery Segmentation, Reconstruction and Registration for Ultrasound-Guided Regional Anaesthesia of the Femoral Nerve. IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging. vol. 35 (3).
- (2016) Vessel detection in ultrasound images using deep convolutional neural networks. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 10008 LNCS.
- (2015) Airway segmentation and centerline extraction from thoracic CT - Comparison of a new method to state of the art commercialized methods. PLoS ONE. vol. 10:e0144282 (12).
- (2015) FAST: framework for heterogeneous medical image computing and visualization. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery. vol. 10 (11).
- (2015) Real-time gradient vector flow on GPUs using OpenCL. Journal of Real-Time Image Processing. vol. 10 (1).
- (2015) Medical image segmentation on GPUs - A comprehensive review. Medical Image Analysis. vol. 20 (1).
- (2014) Comparing algorithms for automated vessel segmentation in computed tomography scans of the lung: the VESSEL12 study. Medical Image Analysis. vol. 18 (7).
- (2014) A new tube detection filter for abdominal aortic aneurysms. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. vol. 8676.
- (2014) GPU accelerated segmentation and centerline extraction of tubular structures from medical images. International Journal of Computer Assisted Radiology and Surgery. vol. 9 (4).
- (2014) Multigrid gradient vector flow computation on the GPU. Journal of Real-Time Image Processing.
- (2012) GPU-Based Airway Segmentation and Centerline Extraction for Image Guided Bronchoscopy. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse.
- (2012) Real-Time Surface Extraction and Visualization of Medical Images using OpenCL and GPUs. NIK: Norsk Informatikkonferanse.
- (2015) Medical Image Segmentation for Improved Surgical Navigation. 2015. ISBN 978-82-326-1128-7. Doktoravhandlinger ved NTNU (236).