Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) Early diagnosis of sepsis in emergency departments, time to treatment, and association with mortality: An observational study. PLOS ONE. vol. 15 (1).
- (2020) Use of peripheral venous catheters in two Norwegian hospitals. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2019) Presenting complaints and mortality in a cohort of 22 000 adult emergency patients at a local hospital in Nepal. Journal of Global Health. vol. 9 (2).
- (2019) Monitoring quality of care for peripheral intravenous catheters; feasibility and reliability of the peripheral intravenous catheters mini questionnaire (PIVC-miniQ). BMC Health Services Research. vol. 19 (636).
- (2018) Anxiety and depression symptoms in a general population and future risk of bloodstream infection. The HUNT Study. Psychosomatic Medicine. vol. 80 (7).
- (2018) Impact of 2015 Earthquakes on a local hospital in Nepal: A Prospective Hospital-based Study. PLOS ONE. vol. 13 (2).
- (2018) Association of iron status with the risk of bloodstream infections: results from the prospective population-based HUNT Study in Norway. Intensive Care Medicine. vol. 44 (8).
- (2018) Rate of avoidable deaths in a Norwegian hospital trust as judged by retrospective chart review. BMJ Quality and Safety. vol. 28 (1).
- (2017) Poor performance of quick-SOFA (qSOFA) score in predicting severe sepsis and mortality - a prospective study of patients admitted with infection to the emergency department. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine. vol. 25:56.
- (2017) Trends in antimicrobial resistance and empiric antibiotic therapy of bloodstream infections at a general hospital in Mid-Norway: A prospective observational study. BMC Infectious Diseases. vol. 17:116.
- (2017) Burden of bloodstream infection in an area of Mid-Norway 2002-2013: A prospective population-based observational study. BMC Infectious Diseases. vol. 17:205.
- (2017) Associations of obesity and lifestyle with the risk and mortality of bloodstream infection in a general population: a 15-year follow-up of 64 027 individuals in the HUNT Study. International Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 46 (5).
- (2017) SOFA criteria predict infection related in-hospital mortality in ICU patients better than SIRS criteria and the qSOFA score. Evidence-Based Medicine. vol. 22 (6).
- (2017) Bronchial microdialysis monitoring of inflammatory response in open abdominal aortic aneurysm repair; an observational study. Physiological Reports. vol. 5 (14).
- (2016) Non-communicable diseases at a regional hospital in Nepal: Findings of a high burden of alcohol-related disease. Alcohol. vol. 57.
- (2016) Epidemiology and outcome of sepsis in adult patients with Streptococcus pneumoniae infection in a Norwegian county 1993-2011: an observational study. BMC Infectious Diseases. vol. 16.
- (2016) The impact of infectious disease specialist consultation for Staphylococcus aureus bloodstream infections: A systematic review. Open Forum Infectious Diseases. vol. 3 (2).
- (2016) Early identification of sepsis in hospital inpatients by ward nurses increases 30-day survival. Critical Care. vol. 20.
- (2015) Epidemiology and outcome of Staphylococcus aureus bloodstream infection and sepsis in a Norwegian county 1996-2011: An observational study. BMC Infectious Diseases. vol. 15 (1).
- (2014) Team competence among nurses in an intensive care unit: The feasibility of in situ simulation and assessing non-technical skills. Intensive & Critical Care Nursing. vol. 30 (6).