Background and activities
Scientific, academic and artistic work
A selection of recent journal publications, artistic productions, books, including book and report excerpts. See all publications in the database
- (2020) The promise and pitfalls of composite endpoints in sepsis and COVID-19 clinical trials. Pharmaceutical statistics.
- (2020) Pediatric Patients in a Local Nepali Emergency Department: Presenting Complaints, Triage and Post-Discharge Mortality. Global Pediatric Health. vol. 7.
- (2020) Early diagnosis of sepsis in emergency departments, time to treatment, and association with mortality: An observational study. PLOS ONE. vol. 15 (1).
- (2020) Effects of external inspections on sepsis detection and treatment: a stepped-wedge study with cluster-level randomisation. BMJ Open. vol. 10.
- (2020) Use of peripheral venous catheters in two Norwegian hospitals. Tidsskrift for Den norske legeforening.
- (2020) Cardiometabolic traits, sepsis and severe covid-19: a Mendelian randomization investigation. Circulation. vol. 142 (18).
- (2020) The Role of FER rs4957796 in the Risk of Developing and Dying From a Bloodstream Infection: A 23-Year Follow-up of the Population-based Nord-Trøndelag Health Study. Clinical Infectious Diseases.
- (2020) Genome-Wide Linkage Analysis of the Risk of Contracting a Bloodstream Infection in 47 Pedigrees Followed for 23 Years Assembled From a Population-based Cohort (the HUNT Study). Critical Care Medicine. vol. 48 (11).
- (2020) Body mass index and risk of dying from a bloodstream infection: A Mendelian randomization study. PLoS Medicine. vol. 17 (11).
- (2020) Association of thyroid function with risk of bloodstream infections: results from the prospective population-based HUNT Study in Norway. Intensive Care Medicine Experimental.
- (2019) Presenting complaints and mortality in a cohort of 22 000 adult emergency patients at a local hospital in Nepal. Journal of Global Health. vol. 9 (2).
- (2019) Monitoring quality of care for peripheral intravenous catheters; feasibility and reliability of the peripheral intravenous catheters mini questionnaire (PIVC-miniQ). BMC Health Services Research. vol. 19 (636).
- (2018) Anxiety and depression symptoms in a general population and future risk of bloodstream infection. The HUNT Study. Psychosomatic Medicine. vol. 80 (7).
- (2018) Impact of 2015 Earthquakes on a local hospital in Nepal: A Prospective Hospital-based Study. PLOS ONE. vol. 13 (2).
- (2018) Association of iron status with the risk of bloodstream infections: results from the prospective population-based HUNT Study in Norway. Intensive Care Medicine. vol. 44 (8).
- (2018) Rate of avoidable deaths in a Norwegian hospital trust as judged by retrospective chart review. BMJ Quality and Safety. vol. 28 (1).
- (2017) Poor performance of quick-SOFA (qSOFA) score in predicting severe sepsis and mortality - a prospective study of patients admitted with infection to the emergency department. Scandinavian Journal of Trauma, Resuscitation and Emergency Medicine. vol. 25:56.
- (2017) Trends in antimicrobial resistance and empiric antibiotic therapy of bloodstream infections at a general hospital in Mid-Norway: A prospective observational study. BMC Infectious Diseases. vol. 17:116.
- (2017) Burden of bloodstream infection in an area of Mid-Norway 2002-2013: A prospective population-based observational study. BMC Infectious Diseases. vol. 17:205.
- (2017) Associations of obesity and lifestyle with the risk and mortality of bloodstream infection in a general population: a 15-year follow-up of 64 027 individuals in the HUNT Study. International Journal of Epidemiology. vol. 46 (5).