Erlend Magnus Lervik Coates
Background and activities
Assistant professor of automation and intelligent systems at the Department of ICT and Natural Sciences, Ålesund. Research connected to the Cyber-Physical Systems Lab (https://www.ntnu.edu/iir/cps).
- IELEA2002 - Control Engineering
- AIS2102 - Dynamical Systems
PhD project: "Nonlinear Autopilot Design for Extended Flight Envelopes and Operation of Fixed-Wing UAVs in Extreme Conditions" (anticipated graduation: 2022).
PhD work funded through the Autofly project by the Research Council of Norway, and associated with NTNU AMOS and the NTNU UAV-lab.
Supervisors: Thor I. Fossen and Tor Arne Johansen, Department of Engineering Cybernetics.
Research assistant (vit. ass.) in the course TTK4215 - Adaptive Control (2017-2020). https://www.ntnu.edu/studies/courses/TTK4215
Member of NTNU COVID-19 Task Force (2020):
Scientific, academic and artistic work
Displaying a selection of activities. See all publications in the database
- (2021) Geometric Reduced-Attitude Control of Fixed-Wing UAVs. Applied Sciences. vol. 11 (7).
- (2020) Reduced-Attitude Control of Fixed-Wing Unmanned Aerial Vehicles Using Geometric Methods on the Two-Sphere. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 53 (2).
- (2020) Hybrid Control of Fixed-Wing UAVs for Large-Angle Attitude Maneuvers on the Two-Sphere. IFAC-PapersOnLine. vol. 53 (2).
Part of book/report
- (2019) Deep Reinforcement Learning Attitude Control of Fixed Wing UAVs Using Proximal Policy Optimization. 2019 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS).
- (2019) Propulsion System Modeling for Small Fixed Wing UAVs. 2019 International Conference on Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS).